Is Jonsered is a dead brand???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Gauge

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking at the display they had set up at the Empire Farm Days in Seneca Falls NY last August, you'd think they were a major player.

However, I just went to their website, and everything's dead-ended. Can't get to any specific product pages such as saws, unless you do an end-around with Google search. Even then, there's only info on a few smaller saws, and no mention of my big 2166. No dealer information. Nothing.

Sure seems like Husqvarna is shuttering the Jonsered brand.

I was looking for a smaller lighter saw to complement my 2166. I know I could just get a Husky but I'd rather be color coordinated.

Yes, I've been in hiding.

So who were the "factory reps" at the show I was talking about just this last August?
The change to Redmax was very recent. There are still some dealers still advertising Jonsered. You may have just happened onto a holdout dealership. Also, they would have represented the brand right up until the changeover.

I can't find anything on this. Google comes up with nothing about Jonsered stopping production.

Saw the recent "Dirt Monkey" video on youtube and thought the Redmax saws looked an awful lot like Husky/Jonsereds.

Menards still carries them. I don't know if it is just old stock or if they are making new saws for Menard's.

Menard's is a Lowe's home Depot type thing

I'm looking for something in the 50-55cc range, of course. That's why they're out of 2253's. Not sure if I really need a "pro" saw though.

How are the 2250 and 2255 for firewood saws?

RedMax is at least the right color, so worse comes to worst I can always get a GZ500, GZ550 or GZ5000.

Back