Is my tree sick?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpotrz

Reaction score
This is some sort of flowering berry tree that covers our back deck. We had some significant trimming done in it last year as it seemed to be choking itself out. It has spots like these all over and seems to lose its leaves earlier than all other trees in the yard. It's been doing this for years, I just can't recall if it's been doing it forever or not.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. We LOVE this yes. TreeIMG_20200712_150015.jpg

Looks like a Crabapple with Apple scab. There are chemical remedies. Rainy weather and shade play a role in how severe it is. You need to spray it early, not long after leaves emerge.

+1
Your Crab Apple has Cedar Apple Rust and Apple Scab.
Nothing can be done this year. 3 Fungicide sprays at 7-10 day intervals beginning at bud break next year should prevent future infection that year.

Oh my gosh, thank you both very much!
I assume I can just call a local landscaping place? Or specifically an arborist?

For what it's worth, the arborist came out yesterday and took a look. Can't spray it due to size and location but we're going to put some tap/drips/whatever they are called into the trunk. We'll apply this strting this fall (she said didn't matter spring or fall) and do it every year for 2-3 years then every other year to make sure.

Latest posts

Back