• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Is Stihl ms310 worth $350 used

Ryan'smilling

Ryan'smilling

Addicted to ArboristSite
There's better saws for similar money. That series of saws isn't super well regarded around here. They'll cut wood, and do for lots of guys, but if you're in the know, they're kinda a waste of money.

furb

ArboristSite Guru
I think that’s high. 40 hours could be a lot of wear if they didn’t know how to sharpen a chain. How many tanks equal 40 hours? Those saws were popular with people who just wanted a “big” saw. I’ve bought several of those and 290s that looked mint but were run with the brake on or scored but passed a vac test so probably from forcing it. Maybe $250 if you are lucky selling but like Ryan said you could get a 361 of 562 for the same price.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just 40 hours, I can cut a cord from standing timber in one hour. Fourty hours equals fourty cords roughly. My point is check the drum/ rim or sprocket for wear and how’s the bar look or has it been replaced, if the bar has been replaced the fourty hours could be questionable.
I see a lot of used saws that are over priced.