Is there any whining allowed on this forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey rbw, lets think about this statement: Rebuild it to like new....Then lets tear it apart and sell it as parts....hmmmm....i think there is time to be saved somewhere in that process...just kidding with you...have a good one.

Well, I put a Tecomec cylinder kit in it. Took about 10 minutes to install the kit and about an hour to figure out how to get the manifold boot on. Had to take it back apart and put it on the cylinder first. Almost scary, it cranked on first pull. I know I pissed away a bunch of money, but it was interesting.

Yep chalk it up. May she run for another 10 years. :cheers:

While flea-bay is always risky, I recently got a Dolmar 111 for $61 (not running) that needed nothing more than a spark plug! When I was looking at it and took the plastic off, it's seemed almost new? Then I looked at the enclosed chain, and it said Dolmar on it! It had never been sharpened and was the original safety (crap) chain that came with the saw new! I was lucky yes, but I love this little $61 saw that runs like new cause it is!:clap:

I bought a stihl 028 Super on eBay like a dummy.Had bought a good 064 and 029 so I guess it was time to get a dud. So far I have $400 in this saw and it looks like crap. All I wanted to do was cut a little fire wood. Gotta love it.

Don't devalue the experience that you have gained in doing the saw as a project. The dollar value is not the only important factor.

Enjoy it!
:clap:

I suspect all of us have the list of experiences buying a cheap/free/just needs a bit of TLC (saw/car/tractor/motorcycle/dog/house.....insert object lesson here) project.

The learning lessons are valuable, cheaper than you could have taken a class. At least that's the way I rationalize to keep from crying.....

whining honeymoon over, now you will get no sympathy only bs in return. and everyone thinking, yikes, my dud project could be the one they know about !

k

Yeah rbw, i knew it was a joke, just a good opportunity to harrass ya a little.

I did stop into "the house" today and things have changed big time, very impressed. Didn't post anything cuz I didn't feel intelligent enough at the time, but will be asking some questions over there shortly as I think I have FINALLY gotten everything I need to put my SXL back together (nothin like a 2 week project turning into a 2 month one) Have a good one sir.

Back