Is there something wrong with this trucks front end?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Willard

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Front end looks low, is this normal for a 2wd f350? Do you look think that bed full of chips is to much weight for the truck?

Attachments

• 78BED187-737C-4A7F-B632-D611FEC6E54C.jpeg
    78BED187-737C-4A7F-B632-D611FEC6E54C.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 68
I'm no expert, but it doesn't seem crazy low. The 2wd versions definitely sit lower. It's hard to know without seeing it in person.

Looks ok to me, as long as the box is that far above the rear tires the load is not too much. Think about it, when a truck is overloaded the front is way up in the air & the back end is way low.

only reall way to tell is to look at the front end up close from underneath- depending on the year it could be leaf springs up front or coils- leafs go flat or some times break one or more of the leaves, coils either break or punch through the tower.

Measure with a tape measure someplace @ the front and rear loaded and empty and see if the squat evenly.

That era of truck 2wd were low in the front, especially with a diesel. It has coil springs with "I" beams for suspension in the front. That truck will take the weight

Ummm most front ends are lower. And no they dont squat evenly under a load. The rear is higher when unloaded so that when a load is put on it it tgen more closely matches the front.

My 3500 dodge sat 5" taller in the rear. I put a 2" lift on front to get rid of the raked look but still have a few inches to squat to level. I also did it to clear 35" tires20180202_175216.jpg 20180121_115736.jpgwelder is 1500lbs and puts my pickup about perfectly leve. Most trailers i pull also level it depending on the load on trailer.

Latest posts

Back