Is this a 346 OE or NE? Cat version or non-cat?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I figured it out. Owner was selling on CL and didn't want to open the box because he thought it might lower the value of a mint, new-in-box saw that hasn't been made in years. But then he changed his mind and opened it and sent me the photos. It is a 2012 NE like you said.

My 346 had a green cap. It leaked. It now has a gray cap, so cap color is only going to suggest what the saw it. Serial Number should be absolute.

My 346 had a green cap. It leaked. It now has a gray cap, so cap color is only going to suggest what the saw it. Serial Number should be absolute.
If it came with green cap from factory it'll have epa muffler, not just any color no difference nonsense

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

Awhile back there were a couple sellers in Turkey selling NIB 346XP’s for $740 Plus $80 shipping :oops:

I was Tempted, but not THAT Tempted, I would Love a NIB 346XP, but OUCH

I ended up finding a Nice OE on FB Market Place for $350. If I do find a NIB for a More Reasonable Price, especially an NE, I would still grab it

Doug:cheers:

Awhile back there were a couple sellers in Turkey selling NIB 346XP’s for $740 Plus $80 shipping :oops:

I was Tempted, but not THAT Tempted, I would Love a NIB 346XP, but OUCH

I ended up finding a Nice OE on FB Market Place for $350. If I do find a NIB for a More Reasonable Price, especially an NE, I would still grab it

Doug:cheers:
Just wait till rebuild time and get a ne top end, that's what I did with mine. I didnt notice much difference in performance, both were oe husqy tops ends. Ymmv
To the OP cheers on your good find mate!

Just wait till rebuild time and get a ne top end, that's what I did with mine. I didnt notice much difference in performance, both were oe husqy tops ends. Ymmv
To the OP cheers on your good find mate!

Oh, that was more of the collector thang, than a preference for the NE. There have been many different opinions posted here about which some prefer, the OE vs the NE, the BEST solution is to have one (Or MORE) of Each

I have a "Slight" Case of CAD:innocent:

Hi, I'm Doug and I have a Problem,

Actually TWO, My Garage isn't BIG Enough,
and My BUDGET, isn't BIG Enough

Doug :cheers:

Oh, that was more of the collector thang, than a preference for the NE. There have been many different opinions posted here about which some prefer, the OE vs the NE, the BEST solution is to have one (Or MORE) of Each

I have a "Slight" Case of CAD:innocent:

Hi, I'm Doug and I have a Problem,

Actually TWO, My Garage isn't BIG Enough,

i have owned many of these saws, and they are among my most favorite of all saws made , although some may disagree..... all the flavors, in this saw, early or o.e., latter n.e. , and even the ....e-tech green cap ( gas) models, seem very close in performance , so buy anyone you can find ..just my opinion, i have not run all three together at one time... for a fair comparison...... but there all awesome sauce for sure.... and thats just a stock saw .... :yes:

Lol, if you hang out here CAD is contagious

Yep, for about 25 years, "Ol Reliable" my 266XP, and the 23 Compact, Top Handle were my "2 Saw Plan" Hell, I didn't even KNOW, that I HAD a "2 Saw Plan" :laughing:

Then I needed a Bigger saw, was seriously looking at the 395XP, when I got interested in CSM, and found Dave the "Chainsawguy" on eBay, and his price on the 3120XP was too good to pass up, it still is, and he is a member with a regular ad in the "Tradin Post" here on AS.

Well the 3120XP was an Ornery Beast to start, so I found AS, started my first thread here, got some Great advice, now I know just how to Tickle her just right to make her Giggle and Grin:dancing:

That was Great, EXCEPT, I hung around:innocent: and if you look at my sig line, you will see the result of that,
"2 Saw Plan"? :laugh:
"3 Saw Plan"?:laughing:

Oh, and I am Finally picking up that 562XP, with 28" 3/8, .050 B&C next Friday, at Orsborns Saws in Lincoln City, OR. So that will soon be moving from the Future members of, to the Active Roster, for my "Husky Herd" :happybanana:, that "Future Members" list for the Husky herd is getting really short:yes:

Hi, I'm Doug, and I have a Problem.............

Actually 2 Problems,
My Garage isn't BIG Enough,

Latest posts

Back