Is this a fake 660?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayyy Lmaoooooo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just wondering if this is a fake MS 660? I've not seen an intake like this one with Stihl in the middle. It's from Ebay. Supposedly a refurb.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Here's what gives it away
- Orange color isn't the right tone
- No elastostart handle
- No safety sticker on the brake handle
- No tank guard
- 066 recoil
- ebay dogs
- Wrong brake handle bushing
- Wrong production marks on the tank
- Chinisium screws are a different color than oem
- No baffle between the air box and cylinder cover
- No spark plug grommet/cover do hikey

Here's what gives it away
- Orange color isn't the right tone
- No elastostart handle
- No safety sticker on the brake handle
- No tank guard
- ebay dogs
- Wrong brake handle bushing
- Chinisium screws are a different color than oem
- No baffle between the air box and cylinder cover
- No spark plug grommet/cover do hikey
Since it is supposedly refurbished is there anything on the engine/internals that would indicate it won't break down on me? That it's semi-OEM?

What'd you pay for it and through what means? If more than $400, $450 if you're feeling nice you might wanna consider sending it back.
The seller is quite livid I called his masterpiece a fake. He's willing to take it back, but hey, if it is indeed a real one, or even a fake, I'd like to rip it open to I can leave an honest review. Payed 750 US Shekels.

The seller is quite livid I called his masterpiece a fake. He's willing to take it back, but hey, if it is indeed a real one, or even a fake, I'd like to rip it open to I can leave an honest review. Payed 750 US Shekels.

I'll bet he's willing to take it back if it a fake. If it was real he'd ask you to take it to your local stihl dealer to confirm and then apologise to him. Good fake though, hope he doesn't read this thread and fix up whats wrong on the next one.

I'll bet he's willing to take it back if it a fake. If it was real he'd ask you to take it to your local stihl dealer to confirm and then apologise to him. Good fake though, hope he doesn't read this thread and fix up whats wrong on the next one.
Good idea to take it to the dealer. Only problem is my dealer can be a bit on the ignorant side. He told me sharpening square ground was the same as round ground just with a different file. I bet he'll know, though.

Latest posts

Back