Is this cause for concern?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoortype

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just purchased a new OEM piston and cylinder for the Husqvarna 2260/562xp. It was a good deal on Ebay and it's mainly for a backup-my saw is fine. I noticed that the bag was open and one of the circlips was installed in the piston. The piston is really clean like I doubt it could have been used. But what concerns me are the slight vertical scratch marks on the piston. They are very faint but I can feel them with my fingernail. Take a look and see what you guys think. I haven't contacted the seller because I don't know if it's any real concern.

Attachments

• 2260 piston.jpg
    2260 piston.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
One clip in there suggests it may have been hung on the rod. I would not sweat those marks. I don't think they came from a cylinder. If it was assembled and ran at all you would feel and smell gas.

Also that piston looks like it has never been installed, every Husqvarna piston I get for a repair (tons of them) look just like that. I wouldnt stress out on the small surface scratches.

Latest posts

Back