• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Is this evergreen tree on it's last legs?

ATH

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
www.AdvancedTreeHealth.com
So...let's say the tree is kept alive. It won't ever have green needles on the bottom. So it would be alive, but would it be functional???

I can't speak for that tree...but Blue spruce here:
Spruce Spider Mites
Rhizosphaera needlecast
Pitch mass borers
Cytospora cankers

The last 3 are not easy to control.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Can see it fine here , looks rather rough condition , doubt it will return to any form of healthy looking pine . May have been infected severely .

ATH

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
www.AdvancedTreeHealth.com
First you need the diagnosis. Probably will take an on-site visit. If you can post some up close pictures of the trunk twigs and needles maybe able to help from here.

Neither water nor fertilizer prevent further fungal infections or kill insects.

Duce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Drop it and replace with a healthy tree, or just let smaller trees around it fill in. Feel your pain, red oaks on my property are dying from oak wilt, have at least 9 to remove this year. Nice looking trees one day and two-three weeks later leaves are brown and tree goes bare.

Broken

Broken

Drop it and replace with a healthy tree, or just let smaller trees around it fill in. Feel your pain, red oaks on my property are dying from oak wilt, have at least 9 to remove this year. Nice looking trees one day and two-three weeks later leaves are brown and tree goes bare.
Agree 100% too far gone at this stage !

Broken

Broken

It’s sad but all trees seem to morph into what we call fire wood. I have a row of tall poplars that 4 need to come down too.

Retired guy from SE Manitoba
yep , I have various species of poplars that seem to mature quickly . Have a few 24 " that have ice damage limbs that I will be taking down this fall .