Isaiad damage in southern NH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radio

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I hope everyone has been safe during the Isaiah storm. I'm well, but my house isn't. This happened 4 hours ago. Anyone have a tree service or know of a good one in the Amherst New Hampshire area send me a PM.

MVIMG_20200804_214843.jpgIMG_20200804_214851.jpgNIK_1478 e1.jpgIMG_20200804_223607.jpg

Edit: There's no option in this new system to change the post title. Can a Mod fix that typo for me?

May have been an embedded tornado, we have those when the Big Blows come through every few years. As long as there is not a lot of rain before hand to soften the soil 75 mph winds don't do to much damage that can't be repaired soon. The land, trees, and buildings are already conditioned for these type winds, those that are not have already got blown away . The power company stay on the job all year removing danger trees. We kind of expect this so we are probable better prepared. We also cut danger trees away from the house in advance. Some Insurance Company's will actually come out and assess the property for storm danger before giving you a quote on premium. If your high risk you pay more.

I would call the insurance company first. They know who they want to work with. Some will come out and start recovery right away to minimize water damage and such. I have state farm and they are good about stabilizing things until the actual repair starts which might put you out of the house for awhile. That is not a small amount damage there. Several thousand dollars.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I would call the insurance company first. They know who they want to work with. Some will come out and start recovery right away to minimize water damage and such. I have state farm and they are good about stabilizing things until the actual repair starts which might put you out of the house for awhile. That is not a small amount damage there. Several thousand dollars.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I've talked to them. They have no recommendations and said I need to find a tree service, someone to stabilize the structures and seal from the elements, and then find a building contractor. It would be great to have an insurance company that had working relationships with contractors, but I'm not in that situation.

Back