isc triple action snap, swivel vs non swivel dimensions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Turner

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just ordered an ISC triple action swivel snap by accident, meant to buy the non swivel. Wanted the lighter, shorter one.

How do the dimensions and weights (grams) compare between the non swivel and swivel version? Could not see that on the website. Thanks.

Last edited:
I just ordered an ISC triple action swivel snap by accident, meant to buy the non swivel. Wanted the lighter, shorter one.

How do the dimensions and weights (grams) compare between the non swivel and swivel version? Could not see that on the website. Thanks.

Hey, it adds about 2" to the length and makes the weight .45 lbs instead of .30 lbs.

Feel free to stick a stamp on it and we can swap it out for you very easily.

Thanks!

--Luke

Hey, it adds about 2" to the length and makes the weight .45 lbs instead of .30 lbs.

Feel free to stick a stamp on it and we can swap it out for you very easily.

Thanks!

--Luke

That is a lot longer....

Thanks for the offer, unless it feel super heavy I'll probably just splice it in and try it out. I have since seen one reviewer that thought the swivel's extra length made it easier to work the triple action.

I'll probably order the non swivel one I wanted in my next order to be covered either way....Thanks again.

I spent some time with the ISC triple action swivel snap this morning.

First impressions for anyone interested:

Overall I like it. Don't think the extra weight due to the swivel is a real problem and the swivel is nice sometimes. For lanyards I would use very close to the tree sometimes I think I'll prefer the shorter non swivel.

Action is harder than a regular alum rope snap of course. But slightly easier than my captive eye screw biner on one of my lanyards. Getting used to it pretty fast. (In fact, I am going to retire my current captive eye screw lock biner as I like the ISC style better.)

Less choice where you put your hand on the ISC biner because of the three levers.

A big plus for me is the crosssectional shape of the hook part is more like a biner than my current captive eye screw biner/snap. In other words, it can be used in a much smaller hole. Hopefully will work in an ergo bridge plate hole whereas I know for a fact my current captive eye biner/snap gets too "thick" in that corner to go into the hole far enough.

Negative: I don't understand why they designed the point behind the upper release so pointy. If holding the snap with the eye end closest, it hurts my hand if I operate the snap where is natural. Digs right into my palm/base of thumb, even with a glove. So I am forced to work the snap with my hand further forward. Confusing as ISC is generally so clever.

Not a problem when holding the snap with the swivel/eye away.

But I like it well enough I just ordered a non swivel version as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I am glad I accidentally ordered the swivel version. The swivel is really nice sometimes, esp when used as with spurs to side d's.

A big plus for me is the crosssectional shape of the hook part is more like a biner than my current captive eye screw biner/snap. In other words, it can be used in a much smaller hole. Hopefully will work in an ergo bridge plate hole whereas I know for a fact my current captive eye biner/snap gets too "thick" in that corner to go into the hole far enough.

Enjoyed reading your impressions of the snap. This is prolly a dumb question, but I am wondering if that damn ergo hole can be drilled a bit larger? I realize it is probably a big No No, and the ingineers designed it the way they did cause they are ingineers.
I also don't have an ergovation saddle and have no plans to acquire one either. But, is it possible to mod it that way, and still live to a ripe old age?

Enjoyed reading your impressions of the snap. This is prolly a dumb question, but I am wondering if that damn ergo hole can be drilled a bit larger? I realize it is probably a big No No, and the ingineers designed it the way they did cause they are ingineers.
I also don't have an ergovation saddle and have no plans to acquire one either. But, is it possible to mod it that way, and still live to a ripe old age?

I think the ergo holes could be drilled fairly safely, but it would take some testing to know how much. In fact, I'd really only need one hole in each side bigger to live with it.

But I don't to mess with it myself, so I most likely will end up in a TM now that I have had to return my borrowed TM and ergo.

But since I ligered my cougar with the RE rigging plates and some short straps it is pretty darn comfortable. Am currently running a 1/2 inch rope bridge with the new dmm swivel and a couple dmm rings. Don't know how I put up with the old setup.

Back to the ergo, I think ed or whoever makes the decisions is kind of cs about making a larger hole for clipping in. I believe they have lost some sales because of that lack of flexibility. (based on posts I've have read).

I still like the isc TA snap, but for some applications I also really like the dmm shadow biner. Very compact.

Back