It is December, the ms500i watch game

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What day will the 500i finally get released in the USA? First 2 weeks?

• Total voters
They are too tight on the chain brake.
I rolled around a 362,441,462, & 500 in the store in the UK. I believe it was the 441 that was the same. That would drive me crazy. I would be bumping the brake on all day. Not to mention it rubs on your wrist every time you move even if you don't knock it on. The husqvarna will glide about 1.5" before they activate.
IDK..I guess you could try a heat gun or other than that then it's a no deal for me.
You have to feel as unrestricted as a female gymnast when you are out there cutting don't you think?

Not to shabby. Like Chipper says it has a primer bulb.:omg: I got to run it/ first cut/brand new out of the box at our GTG. The owner didn' have a good chain with him so we threw a new stihl rm on it that I had. Everyone that ran it liked it.

Yabut, doesn’t a primer bulb make a saw look kinda homeownerish?
If it’s fuel injected why can’t it have the much more manly lift pump?

You have to feel as unrestricted as a female gymnast when you are out there cutting don't you think?
I don't doubt you do bud:laughing:.
Just get out the saws all, kinda like fixing those pesky wrap handles just cut them off lol.
You make it back to the Americas yet.

Husqvarna will answer back with a shidassconglomerate quickly slapped together fuel injected saw.

Husqvarna has become disgraceful. This is coming from a husky guy.

I hope the 500i takes husqvarna out of the industrial maket for chainsaws.
Then maybe they can start devoting more time to making a mower worth a shid.

395xp and 372xp are great.
Everything else is crap now.

Have they gone down hill with the 5th Generation … 572xp, etc??? Thanks!

Middle of 2020... maybe... according to Stihl. Who knows though. They said end of 2019 for the longest time.

Hey Nate, Thank you for your question. At this time we do not have an approximate release date for the STIHL MS 500i in the US. We understand and appreciate STIHL customers who have been patiently waiting for it. We hope to see it out in the market sometime in the first half of next year. Please stay in touch with your local authorized STIHL dealer during this time. Best Regards.

Noticed you didn't put a year on there.
Good call.
My sources tell me Juneish but parts are in stock at Bryant Equipment. Wonder how much a saw would cost built from parts. I know folks have done that with NOS old saws.
2stroker

I dropped mine out of a tree and Bryan equipment told my dealer no parts are available yet. He was just at ambassador training as well. I had to get the parts from Europe.

Love the saw though. It’s now tied for my favorite saw with the ms200t. It spanks my 572xp in all aspects.

Had my 500i for about 3 weeks. Pretty impressive little saw, light for the power it makes. Ive noticed that after a tank of chasing dots on the deck theres a fair bit of smoke escaping up through pullstart when you refuel. Maybe its crud cooking? nothing feels overly hot from outside. I'll keep driving it like i stole it and see how long it lasts.

Saw 10 of 'em new in the box in North Texas this morning!
I just stopped in to my local saw shop in northwest Montana. They now have 2 “demo” 500s, but none for sale. They told me that they are now hearing October. I told them that I was hearing rumors of them showing up in other parts of the country and he just laughed and said that he can’t even place an order yet on the website. He also told me the R model would list at $1409 with a 28” non lightweight bar. Pretty sure last time I was in they told me $1300. Supply and demand?

Back