It is finished.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It is finished, only the mud is holding us back. We left our 1985 Buick LeSabre limited collectors edition at the paint shop the end of Oct for a complete paint job.

3aL0nUK.jpg

If you look close you can see the stripe is tape, it is now painted on.

dNML9VN.jpg

TuH9E4B.jpg

The hood is dull with cracked & pitted paint plus a pine sap stain in the right rear corner.

h6CtK8O.jpg

Other problems with the paint also like this quarter roof line peel, a old key scratch repair that was no longer hiding the scratch.

132Ep7S.jpg

mrr8pUs.jpg

UUNxSw6.jpg

Some surface rust on one quarter.

a9ojb0a.jpg

Badges were uguly and were repainted.

OF9w2XH.jpg

:D Al

We visited it in Febuary, mostly to get the power antenna so I could replace the cord in it. the fender had to be removed to get to it.

Left side with 3 primer coat. It had been stripped to bare metal and 2 epoxie primer coats applied then the sanding coats. the first of which is shown.

AD8JyDO.jpg

Right side with fender missing. door in the black epoxie coat.

TT68kPm.jpg

6s1Nk5j.jpg

aMHA9vv.jpg

Broken power antenna cable.

1E42ge2.jpg

After a few weeks of really crappy weather snow resulting in salt covered roads, we went and got it taking it to Kares moms house April 1st.

A shiney hood now.
XFC6Iww.jpg

These are repainted badges, As GM parts they are NLA.
glrvoyy.jpg

The key scratch over the left rear wheel well is gone.
3LrYIuv.jpg

The surface rust on th eright rear quarter is also gone.
LpzgvsZ.jpg

The stripe is now painted on.
gprCMyj.jpg

The banker is very happy with the results for the money spent.
4zy8lxZ.jpg

We waited for a night when the temps got really cold and froze up our muddy gravel road and drive way to bring it home.

Thursday it got up to 71F, so I detailed the engine compartment a good bit but can use a little more. Also did the trunk and replaced the mat. Started putting our show supplys in there, sun canopy, weights to hold it in place in the wind, bag chairs, easle and story board and all the cleaners & polishes towels and rags I will need at the shows.

Weather permitting First Show April 21st Midland Michigan.
Weather pertimtting April 28th Freeland Michigan.
Weather permitting April 29th Shepard Michigan.

If your in the area stop and say hello.

Thank you for the nice comment.

Yes they did a great job. I didn't take pictures yet of the door jams or the door edges either. The under side of the trunk lid shines just like the top side and all the information tags were clear coated then masked off and paint applied then clear coated again.

The under side of the hood was pained a flat black. I am still not sure I like it that way after seeing rhe trunk.

Back