It Lives!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I am happy to report it looks like the ol' 009 is going to make it. I am proud to say I replaced the fuel lines myself, which cost 80 cents. However somewhere in the repair process the recoil blew up (dont ask) and to save my sanity I took it into the dealer and had them rebuild the recoil. This cost 30bucks. But hey, anything that doesnt kill you makes you stronger. Now I have to sharpen this thing because it is so dull it wont cut through a pine log. thanks for your guys help. I will let you know how long it takes me to kill this saw. :D

Well you know he is gonna try his best to kill it, and it IS just an 009....... I'm gonna bet on 17 days! :D :blob2:

Well I used it last night for the first time, it starts very well and idles good. You guys were right this thing has no balls, I spent a lot of time sharpening the chain and it still took about five minutes to cut through an 8" log. Then I would grab the Husky with my new HI-Perf cutting combo and just be amazed at the difference. However, that is not what I bought it for. When I was climbing in the tree it was much easier to handle than my old saw and did fine on the little stuff. The only thing is it has a 16" bar so I am going to get a 12" one and get this baby screaming! I think I will send it out to Madsen's and have it power tuned and get a tuned pipe and some nitrous and this thing will be in the 3hp range then. Then the chips will be a flyin! :jester:

If you REALLY want to get the performance up, open the little door on top of the saw and feed the hamster one of those 'energy bars'!:laugh:

12" bar what are you going to cut with that toothpicks?:) whell i guess it fits the saw. but all i would really use that saw for is carving. but have fun

if you are lookin for an airborne saw from stihl i would say to look at an 018 or something like that. i remember a little over a year ago i had my 41 husky with me at one job. i had forgotten my 020T. only used it for 2 small hemlocks. however with its light weight, and 18 inch bar i was very pleased. however i got rid of that saw a few months ago, to be all stihl. i really enjoyed having a small saw like that up in a tree though. if you can find something like that, a 41, or an 018. stick the 18 inch bar on it and go up into the trees for a few days. definatley a change from the 020T

Right now I am looking for a deal on a Echo 3450. I have never heard anything bad about them and with a 14" bar I think that would be a saw that would last me a while. Now I need a new chain tensioner screw because the one on this saw is bent and doesnt hold worth a darn! :angry:

i think that is a new record. i at least gave my super 2 (i mean paper weight) 2 weeks before i moth balled her. i pull her out once in a while to make sure she still runs. but it is a good saw to climb with cause there is nothing to it. but now my climbing saw is a poulan 2750.

whell i put a 35 degree grind on the chain. and plus the saw is light, semi powerful, and it is cheep enough where i don't care if i drop it out of a tree. :)

Back