It was a hell of a ride...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don,t trust any poplar, willow or linden species with the first two emphasized. It's always the ones that look sound, or healthy that get yah!
It wasn't your time, good to share this stuff with others, glad yor here to tell us the tale.... hope you will get back on the horse and put it behind you when your good and ready!

Yup, I kept telling the doc it wasn't getting better. He released me, said it was fine. Went to another doc for my disability assessment, he x rayed it and recommend ed surgery. Ins. Co. Sent me to Anchorage to see their doc and he ordered an MRI and recommend ed surgery. So I basically spent the last six months rehabbing a busted shoulder. Got to start the whole process over.

Another update: Insurance will pay for the surgery in Texas, but I have to get myself down there. I have to get back to Great Falls to get my truck and then drive down. It's the rotator cuff, which they didn't fix the first time. I basically spent six months trying to rehab a busted shoulder. I definitely don't want to have another surgery up here, the best doc already took his best shot.

Anyway, I set up a gofundme acct, if anybody wants to maybe cut into the beer budget this weekend and chip in I sure would appreciate it. I just want to get back home, get healed up, and get back to smelling two stroke!

http://www.gofundme.com/tcq2jv4?fb_...tion_type_map=["og.shares"]&action_ref_map=[]

Thanks, Jeff

Anything you always thought you could do but just never had the balls to try??? Your truly on your second life...

Sales arborist can be a pretty good gig. At least it will keep you in the biz. You seem like a knowledgeable guy. Start making the money selling and let the other guys do the back breaking work:):guitar:

Be thankful you can talk about the unfortunate incident. Be prepared for a lengthy recovery n rehab period after the surgery. It takes so long to get shoulder strength back. Climbing too soon would likely do more harm than good.

Be thankful you can talk about the unfortunate incident. Be prepared for a lengthy recovery n rehab period after the surgery. It takes so long to get shoulder strength back. Climbing too soon would likely do more harm than good.
I smashed left scapula,fractured right scapula dislocated the left ball and socket broke both collar bones and broke ribs puntured a lung cracked a vertibrae and was climbing 3 months after til now! Yes I still hurt but if I had not went back I could not climb today.

I need some percs just reading your post Rope!

That crunch of bone on bone with each breath!

jomoco
Well I am still amazed I never took anything other than regular Tylenol but then I could not sleep for a month after my wreck! The human body is amazingly tough as long as we don't surrender imo. I hope to be climbing til 70 granted not like I did at 30 but lol :cheers: Jolly will be back on rope he is a climber and he will overcome the pain climbing is a blood thing imo it gets in the blood for life.

Well I am still amazed I never took anything other than regular Tylenol but then I could not sleep for a month after my wreck! The human body is amazingly tough as long as we don't surrender imo. I hope to be climbing til 70 granted not like I did at 30 but lol :cheers: Jolly will be back on rope he is a climber and he will overcome the pain climbing is a blood thing imo it gets in the blood for life.

All of us old orthopedic wrecks'll need push button up n down, push button start n stop trimsaws, inline oxygen feeds, the works!

There's more satisfaction doing fine class one pruning of huge trees, than being their grim reaper however respectfully.

I know a few 70 plus climbers myself, but they're only good for a half day climbin.

I'm not any good for much more than half a day myself lately!

Don't tell me that hospital didn't hook you up on some kinda morphine during your stay Rope!

You ain't that tough!

jomoco

Latest posts

Back