It's a Pacific Northwest thing... you wouldn't understand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Okay... I wanna give all the PNW guys a thread to post in. From the Redwoods in Northern California, to the HUGE Doug Firs of Washington and British Columbia...

Here is the thread where big CC's, longer bars, full and 3/4 wrap handles, and full skip chains are the norm. The Spotted Owl and the Marbled Murrelet can be grilled over a hot bed of coals, and served with a side of endangered Chinook Salmon. Wash it all down with an Alaskan Amber beer.

Where V-8's are turned into racing saws, along with V-twins, and anything else 2 men (or women) can drop through a 30 inch log.

Where burly men have logged big timber since before the turn of the century (not 2000!), and continued that tradition ever since. Just read the Art Martin thread if you need a clue. It'll take you a few days to read. But you will be a better chain sharpener and logging history buff if you do.

From the land of big timber loggin' and cuttin'... Welcome!!!:cheers:

"Never give an Inch"

Gary

Hear Hear!! :cheers:

i'm partial to Spotted Owl, marinated in the blood of freshly clubbed baby seals, topped with fresh orange slices stolen from the hippies, and protesters we like to go beat with ax handles...and yes, wash that owl down with icy cold beer!

:cheers: :cheers: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

freshly clubbed baby seals,

freshly clubbed baby seals, And I thought this was mearly a canadian thing.:hmm3grin2orange: actualy I drank Canada Dry once, heck of a hangover though.

Rotax

Where burly men have logged big timber since before the turn of the century

According to the history channel, most of the lumberjacks back in the day weren't burley. They averaged about 5'8 (IIRC), were thin and wirey but tough as nails. They burned about 8000 calories a day slinging their 3-4lb axes.

The term "skid row" originated from the saloons and houses of ill repute that sprang up along the road where the bull whackers were skidding their logs.

Ian

freshly clubbed baby seals, And I thought this was mearly a canadian thing.:hmm3grin2orange: actualy I drank Canada Dry once, heck of a hangover though.
Rotax

Rotax Robert:
The Canada Dry did not give you the hangover it was the other ? you mixed in with the Canada Dry. It'll do it every time! :hmm3grin2orange:
:ices_rofl:

Just thought I would post a "small" doug fir that is on our plot!
If the tree makes me look small It's becasue I'm Only 6'3" 275lbs.
:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Last edited:
Missing a state there...

Okay... I wanna give all the PNW guys a thread to post in. From the Redwoods in Northern California, to the HUGE Doug Firs of Washington and British Columbia...

"Never give an Inch"

Gary

Huge Doug firs of BC and WA???? What????? You missed a state in there...
*THE* tallest Doug fir now standing is in Oregon. About 35 miles southwest of where we live, actually. Bull of the Woods, Valley of the Giants, and many other places in Oregon have many groves and even square miles of giant massive sized old growth Doug firs that are many hundreds of years old. ;)

Never Give and Inch... The Stampers lived here too. :D

enviro

Sorry, I don't have time to post at this time, going to be real busy puttin a whoopin on a few leaf kissers and tree huggers. be back real soon, this wont take long.

Rotax Robert
they make good pucnhin bags:hmm3grin2orange:
loggers rule:yoyo:

I am proud to be a tree killer.
spot owls taste good roast with salmon:givebeer:
tree huggers are just another type of terrorist.

Back