It's a Pacific Northwest thing... you wouldn't understand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JZWzr0.jpg

Take a drive through downtown Salem recently? Whole place is a homeless camp, people sleeping on sidewalks and eating leftovers out of garbage cans. I didn't roll down the windows but I can only imagine it smells like downtown Portland - stale piss.

Glad I live out in farm country.

Oh yeah there are more still around than you might think, you just gotta keep your eyes out. I can absolutely walk to quite a few.

In my community there only about a dozen eight to ten foot diemeter trees left. Hundreds of six footers, but the old grandpas are gone. In the PNW it has beens years since I have seen any ten footers. I would hike around just to hang out a bit to see them. Thanks

Well Ted I've never seen sleepers in the streets stateside...…..but I have seen that very thing in Costa Rica.....at 2:00 in the afternoon.....cars and bikes just swerving around 'em….right out in front of the bar....normal day....LOL!!

You mean corpes waiting to be picked up by the coroner. The deceased are left in the streets until they smell very bad. Thanks

Back