It's a Pacific Northwest thing... you wouldn't understand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean corpes waiting to be picked up by the coroner. The deceased are left in the streets until they smell very bad. Thanks
We frequently have sleepers on the sidewalks here in Portland and I've seen plenty in Milwauie and Oregon City as well. Some sleep for 8 hours or more, even in Temps well above 90 out in the sun, so high or drunk they do not seemingly feel it. I haven't seen them in the street much yet, just a couple.

During the Pendleton Roundup which was the basic fall fair for the people in that area. It was a time when the cowboys drove their cattle from the ranges into or near the town for auction. After a couple of weeks the cowboys got paid which was timed to happen before the fair. Heavy drinking occurred also the Indians which drank too often clashed with the cowboys. Some Indians were responsible hard workers others not so much. During the night gun fights and knife fights which resulted in fatalities causing LE to cover bodies to determine what kind of investigation should happen. Often times LE assumed that little investigation was warrantied. As a young man witnessing the deceased just laying there wherever they ended up seem a bit spooky. After a while I realized how many carelessly lived and fought and expected to die that way. I would probably say some of that mentality rubbed off. Thanks

Cowboys getting drunk at the rodeo and fighting is just a way of life for them.
We used to just break it up and take them back to their trailers.
City slickers always wanted to press charges. "He can't try to take my girl away from me!" I used to tell them "Look, if I press charges I'm charging everybody and that means your gay ass is going to jail too. Think about it, you want to be locked in a cell with him?"

Greater Idaho would be my preference. Longish term plans include a move to Idaho, regardless.

Yeah, I am looking at selling and moving to Boise now. Oregon has gone to complete shyte. Well, west Oregon at least. East Oregon is still OK, but its still under the pervue of the flaming liberal lezbo 'not my governor'. It has gotten completely out of control here in the greater PDX area. Crime is up 400%. And all the cops can do is give a citation and a court date to any thief caught red handed, or doing any number of other crimes. The punk street racers take over the Fremont Bridge here on the interstate, and the cops cannot do anything about it under orders of the mayor. Two of my cop friends on the Portland Police want to move to Boise with me. Seriously.

Yeah, I am looking at selling and moving to Boise now. Oregon has gone to complete shyte. Well, west Oregon at least. East Oregon is still OK, but its still under the pervue of the flaming liberal lezbo 'not my governor'. It has gotten completely out of control here in the greater PDX area. Crime is up 400%. And all the cops can do is give a citation and a court date to any thief caught red handed, or doing any number of other crimes. The punk street racers take over the Fremont Bridge here on the interstate, and the cops cannot do anything about it under orders of the mayor. Two of my cop friends on the Portland Police want to move to Boise with me. Seriously.
33rd Avenue behind the airport is filled with meth addicts stealing and striping cars right there on the street. Its a 45 mph zone and I have to watch for them as they jet out from their trailers like a rabbit crossing the highway. Their trailers block our view to pull out into that 45 zone as well making the turn extremely hazardous with a 43 foot bus. The police nor the city can do anything as per the mayors orders. Bad guys just walk into stores and walk out with plenty of apparently free beer. The other night looking up at the stars I thought, you know, I bet governor Brown will probably tax me on star light some day. Hell, maybe even a moon viewing tax.

Cowboys getting drunk at the rodeo and fighting is just a way of life for them. We used to just break it up and take them back to their trailers. City slickers always wanted to press charges. "He can't try to take my girl away from me!" I used to tell them "Look, if I press charges I'm charging everybody and that means your gay ass is going to jail too. Think about it, you want to be locked in a cell with him?"

I think you forgot to mention the squaws as they were more ferocious than any Brown Bear. Some times some one would introduce you to some lady to find out her Native American Heritage then look out if she likes you. They had the reputation of drinking more than anybody yet whip any body getting in their way. They seemed to have a jealous streak that meant if you cross them you die. The PNW seemed even in the sixties to start to mellow out though. Open range was where some one could make a deal for a few head and start a herd with only the shirt on your back. Thanks

I think you forgot to mention the squaws as they were more ferocious than any Brown Bear. Some times some one would introduce you to some lady to find out her Native American Heritage then look out if she likes you. They had the reputation of drinking more than anybody yet whip any body getting in their way. They seemed to have a jealous streak that meant if you cross them you die. The PNW seemed even in the sixties to start to mellow out though. Open range was where some one could make a deal for a few head and start a herd with only the shirt on your back. Thanks
Drunk Indian/Native American/ indigenous persons, or whatever the proper term is now, women's brothers are what you NEED to be aware of if you want to live. Well at least it was still that way in the 80's. Even if the women was agreeable, the male members of their family may not be after the fact.

Drunk Indian/Native American/ indigenous persons, or whatever the proper term is now, women's brothers are what you NEED to be aware of if you want to live. Well at least it was still that way in the 80's. Even if the women was agreeable, the male members of their family may not be after the fact.

Yeah, but they would breed like rabbits amongst themselves, girls wouldn't even know who the baby daddy was, hard to remember when you're only 13. Lots of abortions, lots of drinking and drugs, lots of violence. Makes the elders sad, but no one really seems to care enough to address the situation with any meaningful change.
Oh, I forgot billboards, putting billboards against domestic violence must work because you see them everywhere.

33rd Avenue behind the airport is filled with meth addicts stealing and striping cars right there on the street. Its a 45 mph zone and I have to watch for them as they jet out from their trailers like a rabbit crossing the highway. Their trailers block our view to pull out into that 45 zone as well making the turn extremely hazardous with a 43 foot bus. The police nor the city can do anything as per the mayors orders. Bad guys just walk into stores and walk out with plenty of apparently free beer. The other night looking up at the stars I thought, you know, I bet governor Brown will probably tax me on star light some day. Hell, maybe even a moon viewing tax.

And to think that I thought that the growing barrios in Hillsburrito and Gresham were bad. I guess that all the illegals with their 'free food' Oregon Trail food stamp cards will eventually get into a turf war with the growing herds of stealing homeless and druggies. Sanctuary state sanctioned hand outs vs outright theft that is not only tolerated, but encouraged by the city, county and state. My one cop friend says that she goes out on patrol now half the time with a shrink in the back seat. Have to have the state approved psychologist ride along to deal with the 'victims' living in the streets and sidewalks. Mayor's orders. Any people put before the courts for higher crimes are just released as well now.

There is some pending measure on this or a future election ballot to add another tax to pay for all the homeless 'victims'. I see the George Soros paid for bleeding heart ads for it on TV now. I did not see it on the ballot though. Maybe its a Washington State measure, or a Portland city measure. Portland, Tent City and home of the homeless and ever growing barrios. If Seattle is dying, Portland is already dead. Keep it going. Vote for TED!

Latest posts

Back