It's good to know people...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beetlejuice, I already have SEVERE cases of CAD and CSMAD, I had the Husky 266XP, and 23 Compact back when I was going to Spokane weekly, but hadn't contracted either affliction yet, and both saws had served me well, and I had no need of the boneyard.

Now/ CAD/CSMAD, severe, uncurable, best I can do is Treat the SYMPTOMS ;):)

Doug :cheers:

Don't get over to the Western side of the state much do you Beetle?, unfortunately they DO have em:(, just the old HOV lanes now, you can pay a toll to use them, because they were total failures as HOV lanes.

Here in the Portland area, the Portland PIECE Of SHITT, er, Uhm, I mean Mayor,(Tax Em') Ted Wheeler wants to implement "Congestion Pricing" basically tolling the working class out of their cars during rush hour so the "Privileged" aren't inconvenienced by Traffic, typical Liberal Democrat thinking (Rather, LACK of Thinking)

My thoughts on HOV lanes:If your tax dollars helped build them, you get to use them regardless of the number of passenger in your car."Taxation without representation".Either do away with them or open them to all traffic.

GVS, it gets a little confusing when you reply within the quote box ;):)

But I do agree with you, that if the taxpayers have already paid for the road, there shouldn't be any tolls on it, especially based on the number of occupants, but unfortunately that is not how the government looks at it, and well, what can you do?......

But I do agree with you, that if the taxpayers have already paid for the road, there shouldn't be any tolls on it, especially based on the number of occupants, but unfortunately that is not how the government looks at it, and well, what can you do?......

Here in Spokane, city officials in their wisdom pushed through a waste to energy plant.. Burn the garbage and make electrocittdee..( being sarcastic ) .rates went up across the board when they were supposed to decline.. Tis a crock O sh*t

I'm not opposed to temporary tolls that pay for the road the toll is for. But once it's paid for the toll should be dropped. What I strongly oppose is EZ tag only toll roads. They say it's cheaper to not have people collecting tolls, but we are the ones paying for it, so we should have a say if we want to pay for personnel.

There has never been or will ever be a temporary tax.
There has never been or will ever be a temporary tax.

We the voters had a contract to only have the toll exist until that road was paid for. The county reneged on a legal contract with the voters. It wasn't a tax, it was a contract.

Here in Spokane, city officials in their wisdom pushed through a waste to energy plant.. Burn the garbage and make electrocittdee..( being sarcastic ) .rates went up across the board when they were supposed to decline.. Tis a crock O sh*t

With all the garbage that every municipality in the continent (world?) is having to deal with otherwise & pay big bucks to do so - there should be a way to turn it into heat & electricity while turning a profit. Boggles the mind how someone doesn't have this figured out by now. Waste plastics are in the news all the time here, oceans are getting full of that crap.

We the voters had a contract to only have the toll exist until that road was paid for. The county reneged on a legal contract with the voters. It wasn't a tax, it was a contract.

The politicians also swear an oath when they take office. Do you think they uphold that oath? A tax by any other name is still a tax. If people fell for the pols lies, shame on them. They knew who they were dealing with from the start.

With all the garbage that every municipality in the continent (world?) is having to deal with otherwise & pay big bucks to do so - there should be a way to turn it into heat & electricity while turning a profit. Boggles the mind how someone doesn't have this figured out by now. Waste plastics are in the news all the time here, oceans are getting full of that crap.

There are big bucks in recycling, but government regulations take all the profit. So there's no incentive. There is a recycling company just down my street. Over the years I have become friends with him. (trading favors from time to time) The money he shells out to government just to operate would blow your mind.

Back