It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After a long wait, the MS661 has finally been released here in the US. Sales were held up while the existing inventory of MS660s were sold. Saws became available to order Monday, arriving in dealers yesterday. I ordered mine yesterday afternoon and picked it up after work on the way home today.

I'm particularly liking the looks of the air filtration and AV. The air filter is sealed with rubber connections, similar to the MS261. The media is that of the HD2. This should make for a great combination. The AV is all spring. Another item of interest are the thin piston rings. These rings are only .047" thick, less than 1.2mm. The less friction and drag from rings, the better for me. The air filter cover is a simple 1/4 turn twist lock. No longer do you have to tighten it way down to make sure your air filter is sealed. I was surprised to see it came with dual dawgs and a roller chain catcher. It is quite nose heavy with this 36" ES bar. I would highly recommend the ES Light bar, which I will be using but is currently mounted on my 395XP.

IMG_4234-L.jpg

IMG_4231-L.jpg

IMG_4236-L.jpg

IMG_4230-L.jpg

IMG_4233-L.jpg

IMG_4238-L.jpg

IMG_4232-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back