it's the cold before the hot!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
it's cold out there this morning before the big heat up we all have been waiting for.... here in P-logger, mn. it was -26 degrees at 6 am with a wind chill of-35 below zero... a fresh coat of heavy wet sow(5.5") that fell on Monday an Tuesday didn't help the warm temps that were here making it easier to fetch more firewood for this coming fall! with the heat wave starting "AGAIN" on Friday we sure do hope that spring has finally shown it's face instead of ole man winter... how does everyone else fair with your winter cabin feaver ?

Woke up to -16 below this morning. Guess this is going to be the last of the cold stuff for the season; talking temps in the 50's for next week so we could be out cutting wood in our T-Shirts. Spent most of yesterday on the ATV plowing snow drifts for a guy who lives down the road. He had a tree fall on him a few years ago and spends his days in a wheel chair. It's a bit cold today but at least the winds are gone. C'mon Spring!! Time to think about starting those seed cups and bring out the mud boots. ;-)

Sooo tired of this winter... Monday- 1/4" freezing rain, Tuesday- 1" rain, today 6-10" snow, then near 50* by weekend for a complete and absolute muddy mess!

Woke up to -16 below this morning. Guess this is going to be the last of the cold stuff for the season; talking temps in the 50's for next week so we could be out cutting wood in our T-Shirts. Spent most of yesterday on the ATV plowing snow drifts for a guy who lives down the road. He had a tree fall on him a few years ago and spends his days in a wheel chair. It's a bit cold today but at least the winds are gone. C'mon Spring!! Time to think about starting those seed cups and bring out the mud boots. ;-)
i totally agree with helping good neighbors! i would like to rep you if we still had a button to do so.... we will have more than our share of mud this year with the lack of snow which will be made up for in rain !

Now I feel stupid, I've been telling people once march rolls around the -20's are over. I was only a degree warmer than my neighbor to the north in Pillager Mn. Like he said, the warm up is on the way, 50's on Monday. I will believe it when I see it.

Who are you kidding? Mud season is just around the corner!

Single digits below here, it was -31 at our cabin this morning. This is supposed to be the final day of cold though. The lowest low for the next ten days after tonight is 23 degrees. With highs into the 50's!

Single digits below here, it was -31 at our cabin this morning. This is supposed to be the final day of cold though. The lowest low for the next ten days after tonight is 23 degrees. With highs into the 50's!

And your in MN.... makes me think of the beginning of Grumpy Old Men and the song ... "having a heat wave, a tropical heatwave..." :)

I see we have some heat coming! Weather nut is calling for a 55 degree day next week! That is above zero! I'll believe it when I see it on my own thermometer.

I see we have some heat coming! Weather nut is calling for a 55 degree day next week! That is above zero! I'll believe it when I see it on my own thermometer.

Yeah looks like most of the country could hit 50*, maybe we can have all this snow and ice melt at once and flush the border with Mexico! ;)

10day.jpg

As much as I'd like to, I ain't believing 50s... actually have a hard time believing high 40s.
There's just too much snow cover for 50°... it reflects way too much heat back into space.
With the sun still low in the southern sky, here's a limit to how warm it can get until that friggin' snow is gone.
I'm bettin' the best we see is low-to-mid 40s next week... but, on the bright side, we will melt a ton of snow.

Here's to hopin' I'm wrong :cheers:

Back