It's time to have a serious discussion.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like what second growth Redwoods do, multiple stump sprouts, we have stump sitting Spruce as well.

I found more information on the big Redwood in that old photo, it was a stovepipe about 150' tall. A reminant from the past, a previous, older forest with much larger trees, destroyed thousands of years ago. There are other such leftovers scattered around, I know of five, 2 in Del Notre, the rest in Humboldt. Plus the 22 footer I helped fall in '78, an entire day to put it on the ground. Funny thing, it was holding about five hundred gallons of water and crap, collected over the centuries. I was wrassling a block out of the cut, old Ray leans in, takes a swing with a pulaski, and knocks a 6 inch square hole into the hollow. Ray got knocked off the springboard by a column of fluid that looked like used oil, smelled bad. Ray waited for the water to clear, washed off, went back to hacking at the trunk. There were bird beaks, small bones, teeth, rusty sand, acorns left in the debris.

Wow, that'd be crazy seeing all that stuff come out of a tree!

Sounds like what second growth Redwoods do, multiple stump sprouts, we have stump sitting Spruce as well.

I found more information on the big Redwood in that old photo, it was a stovepipe about 150' tall. A reminant from the past, a previous, older forest with much larger trees, destroyed thousands of years ago. There are other such leftovers scattered around, I know of five, 2 in Del Notre, the rest in Humboldt. Plus the 22 footer I helped fall in '78, an entire day to put it on the ground. Funny thing, it was holding about five hundred gallons of water and crap, collected over the centuries. I was wrassling a block out of the cut, old Ray leans in, takes a swing with a pulaski, and knocks a 6 inch square hole into the hollow. Ray got knocked off the springboard by a column of fluid that looked like used oil, smelled bad. Ray waited for the water to clear, washed off, went back to hacking at the trunk. There were bird beaks, small bones, teeth, rusty sand, acorns left in the debris.

That ones gotta go in the book! I bet that water smelled bad with all those dead critters...the sand probably did not help your chain neither. I have been sprayed by some nasty water out of trees before, but nothin like that!

Mama Broke her Wrist by a Crazy Patient.

moto_0222.jpg

I've never beat a crazy person unconciouos, but I was about ready to make an exception. I got a call that moring, checked my voicemail while changing a chain, and Lindsey was in the ER, just down a few floors from where she works. A crazy patient got a hold of her hand and folded it back around to the point of breaking three bones in her wrist and tearing the ligiments to three fingers as well. I was pissed. There were some proceudres for safety, her safety that were ignored by a doctor. Restraints denied. A classic "I told you so" now she is really screwed up good. She's out for 2-3 months. I'm gonna have to cut a few extra logs every week.

Here she is in the back of my office in her scrubs. Please don't mind the Angle soft, she has some toiletries stashed in the corner and her shoe collection in the back. :dizzy:
I love that girl!

Last edited:
I've never beat a crazy person unconciouos, but I was about ready to make an exception. I got a call that moring, checked my voicemail while changing a chain, and Lindsey was in the ER, just down a few floors from where she works. A crazy patient got a hold of her hand and folded it back around to the point of breaking three bones in her wrist and tearing the ligiments to three fingers as well. I was pissed. There were some proceudres for safety, her safety that were ignored by a doctor. Restraints denied. A classic "I told you so" now she is really screwed up good. She's out for 2-3 months. I'm gonna have to cut a few extra logs every week.

Here she is in the back of my office in her scrubs. Please don't mind the Angle soft, she has some toiletries stashed in the corner and her shoe collection in the back. :dizzy:
I love that girl!

Bad deal, man. Nurses shouldn't be put at risk. Tell her to hang in there.

moto_0222.jpg

I love that girl!

I call bull#### on you having to work harder because of this! She needs to collect comp, and get a settlement from it! We pay into comp for a reason, so it's not like she'd be asking for free money.

My old boss payed into comp for ten years, for an entire crew, and nobody ever drew. . . So the State got paid for nothing essentially -- except Mark's money probably went to other peoples comp claims.

And it sounds like the doc was negligent, so he definitely needs to step up to the plate here. My wife and her twin sister both work in the medical field. It's getting silly, the patients' rights are surpassing the caregivers' rights. :dizzy:

Tell momma that we're rooting for her recovery, and to take it easy for a spell. :cheers:

Bad deal, man. Nurses shouldn't be put at risk. Tell her to hang in there.

She's a CNA II, allowed to do more than a regular CNA. We're trying to save money for her Nursing school (aside from all of her medical bills ontop of this one). She was blatently ignored... on the safety issue. We are being very cordial and proffesional in the matter. You and I both know what happens when safety is ignored in our business, Bob. I guess these folks tend to forget about stuff like this. Thanks for your kind words.

I call bull#### on you having to work harder because of this! She needs to collect comp, and get a settlement from it! We pay into comp for a reason, so it's not like she'd be asking for free money.

My old boss payed into comp for ten years, for an entire crew, and nobody ever drew. . . So the State got paid for nothing essentially -- except Mark's money probably went to other peoples comp claims.

And it sounds like the doc was negligent, so he definitely needs to step up to the plate here. My wife and her twin sister both work in the medical field. It's getting silly, the patients' rights are surpassing the caregivers' rights. :dizzy:

Tell momma that we're rooting for her recovery, and to take it easy for a spell. :cheers:

Thanks Nate,

I agree. It's just gonna take a while for the comp to kick in. On a side note....she bought me a roll of chain from Madsen's yesterday....I'm in love! :love1:

She's knows Dad will fork it out when I get going this spring. We help eachother out all the time. But really, she is a log cutter Momma for sure! :)

Thanks Nate,

I agree. It's just gonna take a while for the comp to kick in. On a side note....she bought me a roll of chain from Madsen's yesterday....I'm in love! :love1:

She's knows Dad will fork it out when I get going this spring. We help eachother out all the time. But really, she is a log cutter Momma for sure! :)

I'm really close to talking my wife into working on chainsaws with me. . . If it works, I'm gonna take pictures for proof. :laugh:

Maybe the subliminal tapes of logging sounds I play at night is working?? LOL

That really is a bad deal with your girl. I hope she heals up fast and well.:)

Sounds like you are handling it right, keeping your head and demanding that they follow through on what they are supposed to do. I'd have a hard time myself not teaching that crazy some manners.

When we would transport mentals to court they always wore a belly chain and leg irons.

One time this young woman on staff at the mental hospital asked "Do you really have to put the chains on him? He's really not a bad person." I said "Yes, we do." Then I took her aside and asked if she knew why he was going to court and she did not know, so I told her "The hearing today is to determine if he is mentally fit to stand trial for murder. He deliberately set fire to the foster home he was in, killing two other patients. He is not a nice guy." I left her to think about that, she clearly did not know who she was dealing with and they are always trying to be "nice".

M.r HE:cool:

I hope your wife heals up. Makes you want to beat the piss out of the crazy and give the doc a b1tch slap, for letting it happen. :angry: I guess thats part of the job that most don't realize. On the positive side..... it could have been worse.

I hope your wife heals up. Makes you want to beat the piss out of the crazy and give the doc a b1tch slap, for letting it happen. :angry: I guess thats part of the job that most don't realize. On the positive side..... it could have been worse.

Thanks Ed, and I agree...could have been worse.

Sorry to hear that Burvol. Yes, do the workman's comp thing. I've probably paid a lot into that, or whoever I've worked for has, so they gotta have some left?

Hope she heals up fast. No pulling starter ropes either.

Sorry to hear that Burvol. Yes, do the workman's comp thing. I've probably paid a lot into that, or whoever I've worked for has, so they gotta have some left?

Hope she heals up fast. No pulling starter ropes either.

Thanks! She'll be taken care of, I'm sure of it. :cheers:

Oh Man... Sorry about your wife, Hope she has a speedy recovery so she can choke the crazy bastsad that broke it. They should have some kind of security to protect the nurses against such things. Don't blame ya for wanting to hurt the moron, but he probably didn't even know what he was doing. I also agree with metals, Someone ought tp pay for everything. You shouldn't have to pay a dime.

Latest posts

Back