I've searched... Oil Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know far better than to post in an oil thread.....but.....I run 927 or Benol in certain fuels and R50 or K2 in others. R50 and K2 are cleaner burning and are close to castor in film strength. That said, nothing will ever match the smell of the beans:)!
Charles

Dolmar synth, cuz it's cheap by the case on the Bay. Performs well in my equipment too.

Edit: it turns the fuel blue too. 40:1 with no corn
Doesn't bottle and oil look just like Husqvarna XP, just a differernt bottle color? Turns gas blue also. Maybe just me.

I know far better than to post in an oil thread.....but.....I run 927 or Benol in certain fuels and R50 or K2 in others. R50 and K2 are cleaner burning and are close to castor in film strength. That said, nothing will ever match the smell of the beans:)!
Charles
true

Klotz R50 at 40-44:1 with VP can fuel. I pulled the muffler off the 661 well over a month since it was last used, piston skirt had visible oil on it. I'm seriously going to run 50, yes, 50:1 this winter and see how they do. I like the extra oil because most of what I've read says it increases compression but from what I've witnessed there's enough oil being put to use. If nothing else maybe the 193 will have a bit cleaner muffler, that things nasty but I haven't adjusted the carb since tuning it rich for break in, I'm pretty sure it's broken in.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Must I? Alright.

Right now I run K2, have been for awhile now. Burns pretty clean and completely with it's middle of the road flash point, good film strength, saws tune well on it, and produces less odor than most. For milling or lots of stump work, oils like Motul 800, Klotz R50 and belray H1R are a good option as the engine temps get hot enough to burn them correctly, and the added film strength is needed in these applications.

The top oils I've used in a true work saw saw.
Maxima K2
Honda HP2
Amsoil Saber
Motul 710

I like oils with some ester base stocks, but honestly oils like HP2 and Saber are probably better for everyday work saws. Some of the new OEM oils are not bad either.:happybanana:

That's a read that makes me feel good in my choice. I have two old huskys that were given to me ( 298xp and 281xp) that get all my stump work since they don't have wrap handles. I actually mix different gas for them at 40:1 and use belray H1R. They're my only two saws I haven't painted blue so they don't get blue fuel. And I had a crap ton of belray left from when my dad switched to all electric rc choppers aand planes from 2smoke

Charles
Love the smell of 927 in small doses, inhaling too much castor oil smoke will make you feel pretty sick to tour stomach.

That's a read that makes me feel good in my choice. I have two old huskys that were given to me ( 298xp and 281xp) that get all my stump work since they don't have wrap handles. I actually mix different gas for them at 40:1 and use belray H1R. They're my only two saws I haven't painted blue so they don't get blue fuel. And I had a crap ton of belray left from when my dad switched to all electric rc choppers aand planes from 2smoke

H1R is good oil, just hurts combustion a bit, which can hurt power a bit, but lubes great and is really clean burning.:)

H1R is good oil, just hurts combustion a bit, which can hurt power a bit, but lubes great and is really clean burning.:)

Good to know. It's in my stumping saws though I'm going to start using them when I get around to milling. I'll probably keep using the belray for that until I run out . The rest of my saws will keep getting blue drink.

I do use hp ultra occasionally in my fs91r since it's a four mix. My dealer says the four mix needs the detergents from time to time.

Good to know. It's in my stumping saws though I'm going to start using them when I get around to milling. I'll probably keep using the belray for that until I run out . The rest of my saws will keep getting blue drink.

I do use hp ultra occasionally in my fs91r since it's a four mix. My dealer says the four mix needs the detergents from time to time.

I'd keep running it too. Saber is what I now exclusively run in my four mix equipment, no worries there at all.

Klotz R50 at 40-44:1 with VP can fuel. I pulled the muffler off the 661 well over a month since it was last used, piston skirt had visible oil on it. I'm seriously going to run 50, yes, 50:1 this winter and see how they do. I like the extra oil because most of what I've read says it increases compression but from what I've witnessed there's enough oil being put to use. If nothing else maybe the 193 will have a bit cleaner muffler, that things nasty but I haven't adjusted the carb since tuning it rich for break in, I'm pretty sure it's broken in.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
R50 has incredible film strength, but I found it to not burn completely in the combustion process in saws, which is what you're seeing in the muffler. So I have moved to the middle ground with K2, with proper tune the muffler stay pretty darn clean @ 32:1

Latest posts

Back