Jacked up weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyrob

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
It's 56 degrees here right now and supposed to get 2 to 4 inches of snow tonight and temps dropping to - teens with a high of 7 tomorrow. That just ain't right.

We have 12" on the ground now, been snowing since 6 o'clock this morning. It's 16 now and supposed to get to -16 tonight and a high of -5 tomorrow. Winds are 10 mph at the moment and are forecast to be 20-30 mph overnight.

I just came in from plowing the driveway, 3/4 mile through the woods, it was cold on the tractor.
With the blowing snow, I'll be doing it again tomorrow.
Now it's time to sit by the fire and feel sorry for the folks at the game in Green Bay.
It's been a long time since we've had conditions like this in MO.

Urgent - Winter Weather message
National Weather Service Detroit/pontiac MI
340 PM EST Sun Jan 5 2014

...Winter storm to bring heavy snowfall to Southeastern Michigan...

.heavy Snow will continue through the evening. It is associated with a deepening Low pressure system which will track across The Eastern Great Lakes tonight. This moisture Laden system will sustain periods of heavy Snow. The Snow will diminish late tonight. However...Increasing winds will Lead to some blowing and Drifting.

The coldest air to affect Southeastern Michigan in perhaps the past 20 years will then blast into the area on Monday behind the departing Winter storm. This bitterly cold Arctic airmass will bring dangerously cold wind chills through the Early part of the week.

Livingston-Oakland-Macomb-washtenaw- including the cities of...Howell...Pontiac...Warren...Ann Arbor 340 PM EST Sun Jan 5 2014

...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 4 AM EST Monday... ...Wind chill warning remains in effect from 7 AM Monday to 1 AM EST Wednesday...

Hazardous Weather...

* Snow will remain heavy at times tonight. Snowfall rates of one to two inches per hour are expected. Additional snowfall tonight will amount to 4 to 8 inches. The Snow will end late tonight.

* 36 hour total snowfall accumulations from Saturday evening through Early Monday morning will Range from 8 to 18 inches...With the highest amounts North of m 59.

* Northwest winds will Increase to 15 to 20 mph late tonight. This will Lead to some blowing and Drifting of the Snow.

* Wind chills will Drop to Between 20 and 30 below Zero during the Day Monday as temperatures fall below Zero.

Impacts...

* Snow-covered Roads will Result in treacherous road conditions.

* Visibility will fall to one half of a mile at times.

* Blowing and Drifting Snow...Particularly affecting West-East oriented Roads.

* Exposure to such bitterly cold conditions will cause Frost bite in a Short period of Time.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

* A Winter Storm Warning Means significant amounts of Snow are expected or occurring. This will make travel very hazardous. Some secondary Roads May be impassable.

* A wind chill warning Means the combination of very cold air and Strong winds will create dangerously Low wind chill values. This will Result in Frost bite and Lead to hypothermia or death if precautions are not taken.

* Prepare...Plan...And Stay informed. Visit http://go.usa.gov/rr8

Sent from my Autotune Carb

Yup, stuck at 32* and raining right now. Supposed to be 42 tomorrow morning and drop to something like -6 tomorrow night. Strange indeed. I was really happy to see that after I parked my truck at the top of the driveway, I came out 10 minutes later and found it at the bottom of the driveway.

weather station says -28 for tonight and a high of -17 for tomorrow. Rite now my gauge says -24!! It's going to be a cold one better give the stove some more air.

40s here, teens by the morning, then single digits by Monday night. Allegedly supposed to get some white dirt tonight, we'll see..

Got a stack behind the stove now, 4 ft high by six feet long by one split deep, 16 inch splits and small rounds. Mixed bag heavily salted with oak, hickory and dipped into my ash stash.

-20 without windchill. Ice on windows. Locks on doors leading to the outside frozen. Diesel trucks won't start. Schools shut down. Glad I have a warm house to live in.

30 degrees and dropping, wind is really whipping outside. Supposed to drop to -5 tonight with tomorrow's high at 4 degrees.

Brrr!

19 now at high noon, the guessers say around 4 degrees tonight.

Not even gonna try my diesel ratsun truck or any of the tractors unless there is some emergency.

It was 51 when I left this morning and raining pretty hard. After I hit the road the real rain started - it was coming down in buckets with a pretty steady 30-40mph wind howling around the car. Standing water everywhere. I turned one corner and could was racing a wind ripple down the road at 35mph. By the time I got to work the wind and rain had stopped.

37 now heading down to 5. Or -1, depending on what you read.

Yeah supposed to be down to 6 tonight then back to almost 60 by Sunday... Woooot!
Just got the email that schools are already closed for tomorrow.

40s here, teens by the morning, then single digits by Monday night. Allegedly supposed to get some white dirt tonight, we'll see..

Got a stack behind the stove now, 4 ft high by six feet long by one split deep, 16 inch splits and small rounds. Mixed bag heavily salted with oak, hickory and dipped into my ash stash.

No more burning my bamboo and balsa tonight, that just won't cut it. Breaking out my supply of buckeye and basswood for this vicious two day natural disaster. There was even some splits in my pile frozen together!!! Had to get the bullet heater out to break 'em loose...

-4 outside right now and 77 inside with two pieces of wood about the size of your arm flickering slowly inside my Woodstock Soapstone stove, I grew up in a house that had snow that would blow by the windows so you were never warm, that made me really want a cozy house when I got older.

Most of us when we were kids were outside playing in those temperatures. No we are older and just like to complain too much.

Its only -20F here today, was refreshing outside, replacing a track on an excavator. As mentioned above its winter.

Back