• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell John Deere/Efco CS56 SOLD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
John Deere CS 56 Saw is clean as you can see in the pictures comes with a 18 " bar and good Semi-chisel chain. It cuts very strong for a 56 cc saw. These where made for John Deere by Efco. They are a very well made saw. This is a pro saw. It has a few scuffs from normal use. Chain break works. It has great compression. Don't have a compression gauge but holding the starter rope the saw does not fall. It has the original bar pictures don't show real well but you can still see John Deere on the bar. 250.00 shipped Fed Ex. Pay pal merchandise purchased.
cs56 3.jpg cs56 4.jpg cs56 5.jpg cs56 6.jpg cs56 7.jpg cs56 10.jpg cs56 11.jpg cs56 12.jpg cs56 13.jpg

it is a nice saw, but unfortunately we could not give them away when sold them at the dealership. there is a reason deere and stihl are together now. the saw will sell if you cut about 100.00 off the price.

These are good saws, the same as an Efco 156. They were also sold as a Cub Cadet 2156. They are very comparable to a 359 in weight/feel/power.
I had the Cub 2156, I had the jonsered 2159 , IMO these handle better and feel lighter.
As far as selling, it more often takes time to sell any thing but a Stihl for me. I had a john deere cs 81, ran an ad here ,craiglist, put it in an farm consignment with a reserve, finally ebay took about another month after having it up for sale about 2 years. Unexpectedly I got my asking price with out the buyer using the best offer. I got a phone call a while after he got it, he just wanted to thank me and tell me how nice of a saw he thought it was to an old Husky I believe it was he said he had before. I used that cs 81 some and was about as happy using it as any other. I missed the side tensioner and parts being so easy to come by for Stihl is pretty much the primary reasons I didn't want to keep it but if I was no more then cutting my own firewood or didn't already have big Stihls with the bar interchange ability I might be running some John Deeres.

Uh, oh. The same post four times in a row.

Brace yourselves for another crash of the AS server!

Someone must have knocked the paperclip.......er..........cotter pin loose.

Are you planning to bring it to the GTG, Kenneth? I was telling a guy I work with about it and he is interested. He plans on coming, so he can check it out then.
He may just be talking, but we wont know if we dont try. See ya Friday.

Back