John Deere survivor, nothing runs or weighs like a Deere.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmessenger

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I really didn't need this to follow me home but............ John Deere (Echo) 50V 44.3 cc of two stroke venom. Tame them woods boy if you are man enough! And man enough means 13 1/4 pounds for a dry power head, I think I could sell this for scrap and make money.

It is kind of cute, don't know how all the rubber parts survived the last thirty seven-ish years but they are as soft and fresh as the day it was made. Even has an original fuel line on it that is like new, the previous must have found a dealer that had new old stock ones.

Starts, runs, idles and oils like a new saw, now if it could only go on a diet and pick up a horse power or two along the way.

Tim

50v.jpg 50v 2.jpg

That's really cool. I have an old JD backpack blower (Echo PB-400) that's heavy and loud, but runs like a banshee. It's bullet proof, and I imagine yours is too. I run 40:1 in it and the piston still looks new.

Wonder if John Deere still will service them or know how.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Well being since I just got a 50v from a JD dealer that had been sitting in there shop for years because nobody could fix it I would say no. The head mechanic there said when somebody brings in a saw they just recommend to buy a new one.

All they sale at our local dealer is Stihl. Back in the day when my brother worked at the JD dealer, they sold those JD saws, blowers, JD hand tools and big tool boxes, I've got his large JD tool box. He still has the old flat square blower and had given away a saw he had, said he knew someone that needed a saw but couldn't afford to buy one.

So what's the story? Found in a garage, or forgotten in a box at the local saw shop?

It was laying outside at a saw shop last week and was still in the same place when I was there today, they were using it to cut up pallets on occasion and were happy to see it go.

Fiero, oh gal, pain to work on the we had problems with the ones with V6's catching on fire sometimes, nightmares.

Heh, I almost said Pinto. Though maybe a Visa Cruiser would have been a better mental image..

"If I was you, start stopping by the Lamborghini dealer once or twice a week too."

Well not a Lamborghini will a Triumph work? Last winters project this one had been sitting in dry storage and hadn't moved for 37 years. Needed a lot of help but now is my daily driver, I can get a couple of saws in the trunk, guess I like yellow.

tr 9 2016.jpg

Latest posts

Back