John Prine down...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah , was one of my favorite songwriter / singers in the mid 70,s . Sad , taken way to soon . Although he didn't take it easy on his body over the yrs . Hard drinker and smoker , bout with cancer . I have some of his songs playing today in the Garage on the Stereo ...Sam Stone , Lake Marie...etc !

Yeah , was one of my favorite songwriter / singers in the mid 70,s . Sad , taken way to soon . Although he didn't take it easy on his body over the yrs . Hard drinker and smoker , bout with cancer . I have some of his songs playing today in the Garage on the Stereo ...Sam Stone , Lake Marie...etc !
Check out the tune "pretty good"...I met him (Prine) in my hometown while on an unauthorized leave with one of my Army buddies while stationed in Fort Carson. We were camped on Sylamore creek near the White River and so was John. The dog in the song was with him at the time and must have been in heat...the "Dobbins Dog" he mentions was owned by a local store owner near his campsite. This was like in 71 bofore he became known. Paul, my Army bud and I, really liked hanging with him for a week or so...cool dude and dam fine picker and grinner. He had some good weed too...

Check out the tune "pretty good"...I met him (Prine) in my hometown while on an unauthorized leave with one of my Army buddies while stationed in Fort Carson. We were camped on Sylamore creek near the White River and so was John. The dog in the song was with him at the time and must have been in heat...the "Dobbins Dog" he mentions was owned by a local store owner near his campsite. This was like in 71 bofore he became known. Paul, my Army bud and I, really liked hanging with him for a week or so...cool dude and dam fine picker and grinner. He had some good weed too...
Hell yeah quite the Hell raiser in his younger days....." Cocktails , vodka and Ginger-ale ..gonna smoke a cigarette 9 miles long...lol. His favorite quote gonna get rid of his wristwatch @ the pearly gates " cause what ya going to do with time when you've bought the farm " .. " when your dead , your dead peckerwood " as advised by his Dad ! I play many of his songs around the campfire @ hunting & fishing camp on my D-45 Martin acoustic :guitar: along with a glass of Bushmill,s Black :blob2:

I live 3 hours away in Malvern. I go there 7 or 8 times a year. We play st the Folk Center and the courthouse stage quite a bit. I have a couple acres on Dodd mtn and leave my camper there. It's a great little town.

I live 3 hours away in Malvern. I go there 7 or 8 times a year. We play st the Folk Center and the courthouse stage quite a bit. I have a couple acres on Dodd mtn and leave my camper there. It's a great little town.
I grew up there and bought a place of my own up near the airport after getting out of the service but got a little sideways with local law enforcement and pretty much had to leave a few years later.

Back