Join Me On My Huztl MS660 Kit Build Video Series With A Twist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnybar

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Join me on the popular Huztl MS660 kit build. To make things interesting, I plan to see how the build goes with the absolute minimum of tooling while using only common household appliances and kit components. Fingers crossed!
Here's the first step....chill that crank.

Project End Result - First Startup and Tune

I'll try to get the build videos posted as I get time. Battery died during build and I just about decided to pass on the video series until I could get better video equipment to film the next build. Sorry for all the wind noise...beautiful 59F day here in Oklahoma but very windy!

So did you get the ladder idea from Buckin' Billy Ray, or did he get it from you?:cheers:
Nah, I doubt Buckin knows that I mill. LOL Did he use a ladder too? This 36" mill with it's kit 660 powerhead is just a growth spurt from smaller rigs I had decades ago....mostly spurred on into ordering from China and building by guys on this forum and a few aftermarket kit builders on YT.

Yeah he has a vid on YT with the same setup as you use. I think he is running a big old McCulloch in his mill.

The China kits are interesting and I have read some of the build threads. I may try building one at some point in time. By the time I get to it, all you guys will have them completely sorted out and that will make it easier for me as first time builder.

Yeah he has a vid on YT with the same setup as you use. I think he is running a big old McCulloch in his mill.

The China kits are interesting and I have read some of the build threads. I may try building one at some point in time. By the time I get to it, all you guys will have them completely sorted out and that will make it easier for me as first time builder.
weimedog and others have pretty much covered a nice video roadmap to building the current selection of kits and aftermarket parts from ebay and Huztl.

I tried to review how Buckin' sets up for milling to see if he has some tricks I can pick up on and his Mar 9 video only shows from the second cut forward. Where did you find his rail setup for the first cut?

Hmmm... it's been awhile but I think I found it by browsing his YT channel.
Didn't see anything laying around that gave me any clues how he sets up. Let me know if you find pics or videos on his tricks of the trade. He's been doing the forestry thing a long time and likely has the system figured out.

Try this one if you haven't seen it. Maybe there is something here that you would find interesting.

When he said "primitive" he wasn't kidding. I think I'll stick with 2X4 or 2X6 ledgers on each end...no shimming needed and guarantees no shifting like might happen with a few bent over nails.

not sure if this question was raised, but how much was the shipping for the 660 kit? very interested in building one, just wanna make sure there is no fine print in the shipping.

not sure if this question was raised, but how much was the shipping for the 660 kit? very interested in building one, just wanna make sure there is no fine print in the shipping.
$85 to Oklahoma for an all in price around $270. Took my kit about 2 wks to arrive...others take a little more occasionally. You will likely have a few minor small parts missing but nothing that you can't have them send or just pick up on ebay or the dealer for a few bucks if you don't want to wait or hassle with emailing them.

sounds interesting, might be a little more to canada. i figure ill give it a try. ive been tinkering with a NWP 365 BB kit lately, and it goes like a bat outta hell. Time to seen what other companies have to offer.

Latest posts

Back