Jonesred Chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snakebit12

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would appreciate some opinions.

I "may" have destroyed my 15-year old Husky 351 today. The muffler bolts came loose while in use and the exhaust melted the housing something awful - a quick google search showed that I am not the only one to experience this. I can only blame a cold for not smelling the burning plastic. Waiting on the repair estimate but am cognizant of throwing too much money into a 15-year old chainsaw.

I stopped by a local dealer who is closing out on Jonesred equipment. As I understand it, Jonesred no longer makes chainsaws? I also was under the impression that their saws are basically red Huskys.

I was interested in the CS 2152/18" (Husky 545 MSRP $500) and a CS 2260/20" (Husky 362XP MSRP $750). He quoted me cash prices of $423 for the 2152 and $672 for the 2260...10-15% lower than Husky. They would come with the standard 2-year warranty which can be doubled by purchasing 3 cans of pre-mixed gas per chainsaw. The local dealer would service the units.

He also quoted me $1,071 cash for both as I may need to replace the Husky 351 (with the 2152) and would also like a bigger saw (the 2260) for some of the bigger jobs that I sometimes face.

It makes me a little nervous that Jonesred is not making these units any more but the prices (albeit cash) are much better than the comparable Husky MSRPs. Around here, Husky MSRP = Husky sales price. Seeing the same thing on the internet.

I am guessing that these units have been sitting on his shelf for over a year? Thinking that he should throw in the premix fuel (and therefore the 4-yr warranty) for free.

I would greatly appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

Agreed - But I found out by checking serial numbers that the 2152 was manufactured in 2012; the 2260 in 2013.

No way I pay anything near retail on saws that would be "6-years old" after one pull of the starter cord.
Not sure about the retail on your country. The 560xp is going for rougly 900$ in my country and the husqvarna 353 is no longer made.

I owned husqvarna 353 and it is really really good little saw, it's exactly like the legendary 346xp but with more torque.
Husqvarna 560xp is also a good saw and really loved by european loggers.

I would personaly pay extra to get the jonsered version but that's just me.

And good afternoon to you, as well. I'm kind of interested in the 353 - was kind of looking for a partial project saw, ie not very expensive to start with, lol.

How much are you looking for?

Back