Jonsered 2152 Uticor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRTermite

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a Jonsered 2152 Uticor. I am sure I saw more than 1 article on Uticor but now I can't find it/them. Looking at other listings with pictures I haven't seen the recoil housing with a "Uticor" on the sticker like mine. Is there a difference in Uticor vs, non-Uticor in the 2152 versions
My uticor saw might have been straight gassed. BUT when I tore it down (Vac tested OK) I saw the fuel Line nearly kinked and then noticed the grommet/boot for the fuel line is 180 degrees from what I believe to be right and this may have been a cause of running lean?? Seems a shame as the cylinder is scored and the rest of the saw looks like new like 9.8 on a 10 scale I got this saw with 35 others and a tag on it said "cyl scored 5/12" (Date i am thinking) The gas wasn't Terrible for sitting 6 or 7 years.
I read one old post stating that J 2152 was a Husky 353 and J2153 is the Husky 346 Any information will be helpful and appreciated If this is the same as the Husky 346 XP I think it deserves a new OEM Cylinder and Piston etc.
I am Keeping this saw for a fun saw ...
This question is right up SAWTROLLs alley

You might need some glasses,no offence.Its Ulticor,not Uticor.Its like the XP for Husky.Ulticor mean the proffesional saws for Jonsered.You are right about the Jonsered 2152=Husqvarna 353.The 2153 (which is the Husky 346xp NE) would be more desirable.Anyway only difference between 2 saws is the p/c so if you are going to fix it,buy a 346xp NE p/c (44,3mm iirc) and you are going to have a 2153=346xp.

You might need some glasses,no offence.Its Ulticor,not Uticor.Its like the XP for Husky.Ulticor mean the proffesional saws for Jonsered.You are right about the Jonsered 2152=Husqvarna 353.The 2153 (which is the Husky 346xp NE) would be more desirable.Anyway only difference between 2 saws is the p/c so if you are going to fix it,buy a 346xp NE p/c (44,3mm iirc) and you are going to have a 2153=346xp.
Thank You and yes I need better lighting and glasses and and a new EYEBALL.
MY Left one looks good but doesn' see any thing It is needing a spit shine due to the plastic having scratches.
I Will look for the u "L" ticor under search now. Bet things will magically show up now and Thanks Again Ray.

Close, but not quite. The xp sticker doesn't go on the 353 or the 365 for example. These are detuned pro saws, but not XPs. The ulticor name gets applied to the saws with magnesium cases as I understand it. I could totally be wrong though. I'm a newcomer to the husky/jred saws. So, 2152 and 2153 are both have ulticor stickers, but only the 346 gets an XP sticker.

Close, but not quite. The xp sticker doesn't go on the 353 or the 365 for example. These are detuned pro saws, but not XPs. The ulticor name gets applied to the saws with magnesium cases as I understand it. I could totally be wrong though. I'm a newcomer to the husky/jred saws. So, 2152 and 2153 are both have ulticor stickers, but only the 346 gets an XP sticker.
Does defy logic the way you say this
I am trying to understand myself but "XP" is the Husky pro tag for the 346 and I guess 353 is pro and magnesium but something is amiss and it isn't a "XP" grade. Yet the J 2152 Ulticor made the grade due to the Magnesium crankcase ???
the 353 is supposedly the same as a J 2152 with different plastic and handles
Ulticor does not equal XP.
Jonsered puts the Ulticor label on all mag case saws including the 2152.
And since they didn't start doing it until 2008, or so, there are a lot of 2152, 2153, 2156, 2159, 2165, 2171, etc that don't wear the Ulticor badge. QUOTE]
this post is from 2013. and helped me on some details. Ray Benson (Post #4 above)
put up some links to help . But I do hope to use the 346 p/c 45 mm and see how it will work out

I have a Jonsered 2152 Uticor. I am sure I saw more than 1 article on Uticor but now I can't find it/them. Looking at other listings with pictures I haven't seen the recoil housing with a "Uticor" on the sticker like mine. Is there a difference in Uticor vs, non-Uticor in the 2152 versions
My uticor saw might have been straight gassed. BUT when I tore it down (Vac tested OK) I saw the fuel Line nearly kinked and then noticed the grommet/boot for the fuel line is 180 degrees from what I believe to be right and this may have been a cause of running lean?? Seems a shame as the cylinder is scored and the rest of the saw looks like new like 9.8 on a 10 scale I got this saw with 35 others and a tag on it said "cyl scored 5/12" (Date i am thinking) The gas wasn't Terrible for sitting 6 or 7 years.
I read one old post stating that J 2152 was a Husky 353 and J2153 is the Husky 346 Any information will be helpful and appreciated If this is the same as the Husky 346 XP I think it deserves a new OEM Cylinder and Piston etc.
I am Keeping this saw for a fun saw ...
This question is right up SAWTROLLs alley

Don't worry about "ulticor". It's just marketing BS. A 2152 is a 2152, ulticor or not. They did make changes to the saws over the years, though. Cat mufflers were added (CS2152C, C for cat) and they added a primer at some point. A 2153/346XP cylinder is a direct bolt on swap, with a nice pick-up in power, and if yours has the cat muffler, ditch it for the standard muffler.

The 2152, 2153, 353, 346xp all share the same crankcase, crank, bearings, etc, so you won't have an inferior saw to the 346xp.

I had a 2152 that I converted to a 2153 with an OEM 346xp/2153 P&C, and a 357xp/359 intake and carb, along with some mild port work... it was a fine little saw, but I never really used it, so it got sold at some point... But yes, it is basically a 346 with a different top end and muffler.

4BFB94B9-2938-43D8-AE02-EC342F1118C3.jpeg

My understanding is that Ulticor was J-red's name for Husky's Air Injection. Either way a saw labeled Ulticor or not is the same. Just a different sticker. As has been stated it's a 353 in red. Same cylinder as a 350 or 2150 with removable transfer covers. The 353 and 2152 use a flat top piston though as opposed to a dished piston on the plastic cased saws. They are all great firewood saws with lots of upgrade potential. With some work that top end setup can be made to run with a stock or lightly modded 346xp.

My understanding is that Ulticor was J-red's name for Husky's Air Injection. Either way a saw labeled Ulticor or not is the same. Just a different sticker. As has been stated it's a 353 in red. Same cylinder as a 350 or 2150 with removable transfer covers. The 353 and 2152 use a flat top piston though as opposed to a dished piston on the plastic cased saws. They are all great firewood saws with lots of upgrade potential. With some work that top end setup can be made to run with a stock or lightly modded 346xp.

Air injection was called "turbo" on the Jonsereds.

True, but later they dropped turbo and went to Ulticor. Some thought it meant x-torq but I have a 2171 non-turbo Ulticor in the barn.
Is your 2171 non-Turbo Just not labeled as "TURBO" and yet have the Turbo/Air Injection tube behind the recoil or is this tube deleted? I have yet to check if mine is present (it is a ULTICOR without any TURBO labels) as I never gave that a thought. I think this tube is what MAKES the Jonsered and Husqvqrna the air filtration that so many rave about.

Is your 2171 non-Turbo Just not labeled as "TURBO" and yet have the Turbo/Air Injection tube behind the recoil or is this tube deleted? I have yet to check if mine is present (it is a ULTICOR without any TURBO labels) as I never gave that a thought. I think this tube is what MAKES the Jonsered and Husqvqrna the air filtration that so many rave about.
It is. That's also why newer Stihls have that little deflector under the starter;)

Ulticor for Jonsered means a saw that has some pro feautures like magnesium crankcase,side tensioner,adjustable oiler etc.In Greek page they say that Ulticor means the most advanced chainsaws for tough work with excellent power,nothing specific.I think they mean a wide variety of mag saws and they put it on later saws,a commercial marketing whatever trick.Anyway the 2152 is a very good saw.

Back