Jonsered 2152

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great super reliable saw. Any mods would take away some reliability, if you really want to get into it, put a 346xp top end on it like Jeff did. (JeffandJess)

It is a good reliable pro quality saw in the 50cc class, but not among the hottest ones on power and speed. :)

Most sold in the US have cat mufflers, if so step one should be to replace that one with a standard non-cat one.

Last edited:
2152 great saw

The 2152 is a great saw. It has a magnesium crankcase as opposed to the 2150 which is plastic. If the 2152 has a blue ignition coil assembly it means that there is a RPM limiter. The maximum RPM is stamped on the coil assembly. These limiters were introduced in 2006.

Can I switch to 3/8 chain from 325 on a 16" Bar and are parts interchangeable with the Husky 353? Is it worth switching to a non cat muffler?

Last edited:
Can I switch to 3/8 chain from 325 on a 16" Bar and are parts interchangeable with the Husky 353? Is it worth switching to a non cat muffler?

You can, but I don't think the gains would justify the switch to 3/8. The saw does pretty well with .325 and a 18" bar, going down in bar size will help with bigger chain, but I wouldn't anticipate any major gains in cutting time. The engine has to work harder to pull the larger chain, and seeing that you are from NY, I am guessing most of your wood is hardwood.

The non-cat muffler will reduce heat and help with performance a little. I would switch. I am fortunate enough to have boughten one before all the EPA crap.

Most parts are interchangeable. The obvious ones that aren't interchangeable are the rear handles, and brake guards. Except for the color, pretty much the same saw.

Back