Jonsered 2165 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics. I wish I had a right angle grinder to get at the upper transfers. I did raise mine with a pencil grinder and a ball burr but I can't get very far into the transfer doing it like that.

With a dremel extension and grinding stones or multiple stacked grinding disks, which you can shape to how ya want the transfers to look before you use them, you can do a good deal of work with the uppers.

It turns out that I need to rebuild the carb. I put a Zama clone on it for now and it's running a lot better. I thought I had an ulimited coil but after 13,800 my tac starts going crazy, so I'll be putting another coil on it, rebuilding the carb and advancing the timing a little to see how it does. I was turning 13,800 with the high 1 turn out and I turned it in a hair so my best guess is it's around 14,000 wot. I checked the plug after 15 or so cookies and it's a nice brown color. I also made up a new muffler with a bigger pipe.

plug.jpg new muffler.jpg

With a dremel extension and grinding stones or multiple stacked grinding disks, which you can shape to how ya want the transfers to look before you use them, you can do a good deal of work with the uppers.
I'm going to give that a try on some junk cylinders. Thanks

I pulled the am cylinder off and put on a new oem cylinder with a 268 non windowed pop up piston, I thought I'd give the 268 piston one more chance. I put it together, went out during a break in the rain and it ran like crap. I then changed out the carb and it still ran like crap. So I started to tear it down to put the oem piston in and remembered I had advanced the timing 1/2 a key. Put it back together with the original timing, made a couple of cuts and it ran great. Didn't have time to tune it because it started raining again. Tomorrow is going to be nice so I'll try and get a good tune and post a video.

I went out and made a few cuts this morning with a 20" Archer bar and Archer semi chisel chain. I haven't made any changes to the carb. rpm was set yesterday at 13,240. I'm going to leave it where it's at for a couple of tanks and then tune it. Not the fast saw I was wanting but I can go back in later and make changes. Below is a summary of how the saw sets now.
2065 crankcase
New oem 50mm cylinder with base gasket and a 268 non-windowed pop up piston, oem clips, Caber ring
3/4" pipe on the muffler
372 tank dyed black
372 brake handle
372 clutch cover painted Ford red with a 2188 decal
373 full wrap
2172 decal on the starter

Back