Jonsered 2171 Turbo W

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Hi There, The 2171 came out of the closet finally. I wanted to break it in for the next woodlot, so I let a full tank run thru it and dumped a 20" White Ash while I was taking a movie, but I thought the tree was going to fall on the camera, so I chickened out cause the wind was high. Anyway the tree went where it should and the 2171 is a real winner I think, but I will know for sure when I dump these 40 8 ft circumferance stems that are coming up next. The Saw was powertuned by Dennis of British Columbia.
Here it is sitting beside the " Best Dang Chainsaw".
John

Jonsered2171bc

Hello john,
finally decided to run your jonsered. great. Now if you put that short bar and chain off thehusky and cut that same 11.5 inch ash log you'll be in the high 3's to low 4 second range with the jonsered . then when you get Art Martin's chain It'll really be fast. talked to mike rupley(rupedoggy) earlier today and he thinks your getting the racing bug and I agree.Once you start there's no escape, First more porting, then a bigger carb, then a pipe, then more of uncle art's chain. but its fun.Keep up the good work.
ken

Hi Ken, I think I got the bug, I have filed with all that heaven will allow, but alas, I have a long way to go. I am greatful that I am in good company. I revere all you hotsaw folks for your experience and believe I am at the right age for this kind of Tom Foolry.
When I get Mr. Art Martin's hotsaw chain I will take pics. I appreciate that Art is filing it according to my requirements and I wont expect his chain to make up for what I lack in experience.
Carlton Makes some nice 13- 14- 15" bars that will fit my saws, but till then I will go the 60 driver route.
Thanks again to all.
John

The finer things in life

Hi John,
Nice picture, A nice cigar , some scotch to sip, Your favorite saw with a modified barrel to put on it, It don't get much better than this. Except a dancing girl maybe.
I know what you"re saying about the chain. Its not very exciting to go out in the shop and file chain, but you have to do it.It takes so much time and chain to get half way decent. Then art comes by to play with saws and when he looks at my chain he just says , let me take that loop home and touch it up. man can he file chain. every tooth is exactly the same same length , same angles, look like they have done on a computerized machine.Some day i might get close but i doubt it
ken

John I feel the same way. Tomorrow I am sending out the muffler from the Jonsered 670 to Walkers for their special kind of touch up. I decided to send the muffler from my 55 as well just for the hell of it. I also have a stack for it that came with with the saw (it is the "W" version which came with the remote air filter for wild fire use). Will post some pictures when everything comes back. Happy New Year

ohh a shiny bar. you must be part redneck cause rednecks like shiny things. that must explain how come they see so many ufo's they are shiny. aren't they

Dennis, if you didnt have chainsaws all over the roof of your house, maybe more girls would come around once in awhile!
Frank's Planks

John...do you really think that is the reason? Hmm....I thought it was a turnon....though my last gf didnt appreciate the pwersaw parts in the tub when she went to take a bath either...maybe I should edit my personals ad...any suggestions?

Hi Dennis, I might be able to help you with your personal singles ad.
Wanted: One Chainsaw Sally, please send picture of saws. Have chainsaw will travel.

all i hoe is all of those saws were stuck before you put them up there. but i see more mccullochs than anything else up there. but still that is an awesome idea. is that blue saw up there a titan?

Andrew...yes there are alot of Mccullochs, and yes that is a Titan..my dad was a big fan of the Mc's..there are a bunc of Homelites at the other end as well as another Titan...and I still have a shed and shop full of stuff to hang...the Titan is number one on the restore list, as soon as I finish my Jonsered Super 930's for the double ender....maybe by spring....

Dennis! your gonna scare the girls away with all those saws littering your roof.
You must listen to me, I have lots a experience with the ladies and I know what they want, and I know what they need.
So what I am saying, is your saws must be presented to them in a much more romantic fashion.
John

Tramp, if the Dragon Lady sees that picture you`re dead meat!
My wife wants to know if you`re crazy?

Latest posts

Back