jonsered 2260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a word...Ir means not...grammar police, out.

Husky needs to offer the 560 in the US!!!!

NMurph: I'm in a real b@#chy mood today. Sorry to have misspelled a word- it surely nullified my post's content. Next time, I'll use a dictionary online if Im not sure about a word.:msp_wink: How was your weekend? I had a dear friend thrown from a 50' lift Saturday morning when the brakes failed. Fractured his skull in 8 places, broke his pelvis, broke his back in 3 places, broke both wrist, punctured his lungs, crushed his face when he landed head first in the rocks (shoreline of Douglas Lake). They turned off life support last night at 7:57. Left behind a 28 year old wife a 4 year old son and a 1 yr old daughter. Another one of my friends was operating the lift- he's on my mind too. I have/ had more important things on my mind than spelling. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention though.

Window washer thrown from hydraulic lift dies from injuries
By News Sentinel staff
Posted August 20, 2013 at 3:12 p.m.
DiscussPrintAAA
Jefferson County authorities have released the name of a man who died from injuries sustained Saturday morning when he was thrown 60 feet after a hydraulic lift he was working on dropped off an embankment.

Justin Bass, 31, Knoxville, sustained severe head trauma and died at the University of Tennessee Medical Center, Sheriff G.W. “Bud” McCoig said.

McCoig said Bass was a self-employed window cleaner and he was in the bucket cleaning windows on a house and another man was operating the hydraulic lift from the ground.

The operator cut the machine off, and the brakes would not stop it. The apparatus hit a small retaining wall and threw Bass out of the bucket, the sheriff said.

“He landed on some rocks near the lake,” McCoig said.

Bass suffered severe head injuries and was airlifted by Lifestar medical helicopter to UT Medical Center, officials said.

The operator suffered some minor scratches and cuts but did not seek medical attention, the sheriff said.

McCoig said the matter was an accident and no charges would be filed against the operator, whose name was not released.

More details as they develop online and in Wednesday’s News Sentinel.

Reality Check- Out.:msp_wink:

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your friend Bryan. Lots of guys have dangerous jobs on this website, and im sure alot of them can relate.
dont get to mad at Nmurph, he has caught me on some slip ups too... but he usually pokes fun with a smile. after talking to him, his is an overall good dude.

562xp with small bar mount so a little lighter with straight handle.

So do the 2260 and 562 take different bars? Any other differences, aside from the handle and colors?

Thanks.

I also ran a 2260 briefly at a GTG. Very smooth. Although, I was not sure if this had something to do with a race-filed chain.

Philbert

yes-

2260 takes small mount bars like 346, 357, 359 etc.

562 takes large mount bars just like 365, 372 etc

2260 takes small mount bars like 346, 357, 359 etc.
562 takes large mount bars just like 365, 372 etc

Thanks guys.

It is also confusing because the Jonsered web site recommends 13 - 20 inch bars, and the Husqvarna website says 15 -28 inch bars!

Do they both come standard with 3/8 pitch chain?

Anyone run one with .325 pitch?

What is the longest small mount bar that they offer (say if you were going to run it with skip tooth chain)?

Thanks.

Philbert

Best phone call in a long while

Terry just called me and informed me he has shipped 2 saws to me today. I know one is a 2260 and I'm pretty sure the other is the 2253. I think the 2188 still hasn't come in yet.

Im really looking forward to Friday.:rock:

Thanks guys.

It is also confusing because the Jonsered web site recommends 13 - 20 inch bars, and the Husqvarna website says 15 -28 inch bars!

Do they both come standard with 3/8 pitch chain?

Anyone run one with .325 pitch?

What is the longest small mount bar that they offer (say if you were going to run it with skip tooth chain)?

Thanks.

Philbert

The 560xp comes with .325 here, but mine didn't stay that way for long (didn't even leave the dealer with it).

Latest posts

Back