Jonsered 450 Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokapotato

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Its been a while since I've been here but I know someone here may have an answer to my question. I bought a used Jred 450 a handful of years ago. Had a bad cylinder and piston. At the time , used parts for the saw were scarce. I kind of gave up on the project. Resurrected it recently and and was able to get the used parts I needed. As I am going back together, there is a part that for the life of me, I do not remember pulling out. Please see my pictures. its the little copper or brass orifice below the bar nuts. I am wondering if this may have come off another project but thought I'd ask if anyone recognizes this little critter.

Attachments

• 2020-06-03 19.41.31.jpg
    2020-06-03 19.41.31.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 2020-06-03 19.41.35.jpg
    2020-06-03 19.41.35.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 2020-06-03 19.41.45.jpg
    2020-06-03 19.41.45.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Its been a while since I've been here but I know someone here may have an answer to my question. I bought a used Jred 450 a handful of years ago. Had a bad cylinder and piston. At the time , used parts for the saw were scarce. I kind of gave up on the project. Resurrected it recently and and was able to get the used parts I needed. As I am going back together, there is a part that for the life of me, I do not remember pulling out. Please see my pictures. its the little copper or brass orifice below the bar nuts. I am wondering if this may have come off another project but thought I'd ask if anyone recognizes this little critter.
Okay so looks like no dice there. I think it’s part of the tank vent hose although I’m not sure how or where. Second question, anyone know a torque spec on the flywheel and clutch nuts?

Back