Jonsered 630 and 670

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kris1804

Reaction score
I recently got hold of a Jonsered 670 champ. There was no spikes on it. So I decided to fabricate some myself, and they work really well.
I was wondering if. at least some of the parts from a 630 fits on a 670, as I have a chance to buy a 630 cheap. So maybe if some could be used for spares?

Attachments

• Jonsered spikes 1.jpg
    Jonsered spikes 1.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Jonsered spikes.jpg
    Jonsered spikes.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 10
I recently got hold of a Jonsered 670 champ. There was no spikes on it. So I decided to fabricate some myself, and they work really well.
I was wondering if. at least some of the parts from a 630 fits on a 670, as I have a chance to buy a 630 cheap. So maybe if some could be used for spares?
Welcome to the site Kris....

Most everything from a 630 will swap to a 670 and the other way around as well except the carb mounting stuff and the air box covers. However one must take in account the case change that occurred in the early 90's.........all the parts will swap early to early and late to late and some will swap to both. So when thinking about a pair of saws and one to match the Champ you would need a 630 Super II to have most everything compatible......and there even more differences as these saws had a pretty long run from the early 80's to the late 90's.....many changes along the way....but as far as spikes goes if they fit one they will fit all....

Welcome to the site Kris....

Most everything from a 630 will swap to a 670 and the other way around as well except the carb mounting stuff and the air box covers. However one must take in account the case change that occurred in the early 90's.........all the parts will swap early to early and late to late and some will swap to both. So when thinking about a pair of saws and one to match the Champ you would need a 630 Super II to have most everything compatible......and there even more differences as these saws had a pretty long run from the early 80's to the late 90's.....many changes along the way....but as far as spikes goes if they fit one they will fit all....
Hi Cantdog.

Thank you for the answer, nice to know.
I will get the 630then, as I'll get it with 5 other saws for 80$. To cheap to let go I think :)

Back