Jonsered 670, part II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well she is finally back together and ready to raise hell, my pride and joy. She may not be the biggest but at least she's Red! Thanks to John Walker for the excellent work.

Last edited:
Hi Jonsered man, the picture is very crisp and clear, what camera did you use? Im jealous now, so I must go take pictures of the 385 I got today. lol, BRB (be right back).
John

Hey, great looking saw!! How does it run? Looks like it will go through almost anything.

Hi There, heres a new addition to the fold. Dont ask me how it runs cause I dont have any trees as yet that will do it justice.
John

O.K. Gypo, now I`m jealous. My 385 hasn`t even begun it`s journey out to Dennis yet,never mind having it here to fondle. Dennis has promised to stay up late and work on it while eating dinner though, so I should see it sometime in February I`d say.Crazy, crazy chainsaw lust. Marty`s got me thinking about a 357 now because of the way he`s shootin` off his mouth. Haven`t even got the Walkerized 346 in my hands yet, and already I`m thinking the poor girls been upstaged.:dizzy: Russ :jester:

Russ it's a good thing interest rates are low right now for that second mortgage you are going to need:D
John I used my buddies Kodak DC265 for the pics. The only bad thing is it eats batteries like nobody's business.
I have the same problem you do. I have to go pick a fight with a maple just to burn the paint off the muffler.
Here is another pick for ya Kam
doesnt show the muffler too good though. the other is the best one Ive got
The ports on the Jonsered are almost twice the size of the ones on the 55. About 3/4"

Last edited:
Well since it is 50 degrees here and I will never use my sled again probably except for grass drags I got the Jonsy out and slaughtered some 14 inch cottonwood logs. I used my 55 first which cut excellent with the muffler mods but once the 670 came out I couldnt stop smiling. I got carried away and almost cut a telephone pole down. This is the smoothest machine I have ever used. I wasnt even using my 20 inch bar. I have already started a savings cup for my Jonsered 930. I think it has $1.78 in it now but hey its a start.

Huskyman..glad you have finally come to the dark side...I am in the process of building 3..count em...3 ...Super 930's....for a double ended race saw to kick that creeps butt from Washinton and his 084's...if ya need any parts or help in changing your name call me:D

-If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Hi Huskyman, that would be a second mortgage on the second mortgage! No actually, I generally enjoy a pretty good positive cash flow, but under ordinary circumstances I like to be more moderate in my purchasing. With all that is going on with my darling wife it has turned into a ???? the torpedos kind of scenario, the way she hammered my savings and is still sniffing around because she thinks there might still be a little blood left. It`s a lot more confusing for a female lawyer, her`s, in the "discovery" phase, to make heads or tails of a bunch of chainsaws! Russ

Sounds like a plan to me, Russ. Spend it all before she can get her hands on it. Just take the spark plugs out so they wont start when the lawyers sniffin around and she will think they're junk:cool: :eek:

Hey Husky/Jonsered Man, I thought I had it bad but I am no where near you guys. That Jonsered looks amazingly Husky like!!
The muffler mods look great on both saws. Whats the going rate for that? I have a couple I would like to send off. What was the turn around time? Now that the saws are back together you aren't going to start sleeping with them like John are you?

Figure three weeks turnaround to be safe, mine took a little more than two. email John Walker @ [email protected] for a price. I could have done the work myself, but it wouldn't look anywhere near as good as they do now. I did have to modify the top covers of both saws so they would not melt on the left port.

WOW!!!
I thought everyone slept with at least one saw.Do you mean to tell us that there are people out there that dont sleep with saws?
Red things can keep you warm at nite,ask Santa.
Dan

If you guys are worried about safety, put a smaller bar and some Stihl picco micro chain on it. That stuff wont cut anything

Latest posts

Back