Jonsered 670 Super II...New to me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ale

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Picked up this today. Seems to run strong and everything is working. I don't know much about this model but it seems to have a decent rep. Just wanted another work saw I don't mind beating around. Anyone still using this old J-red model and care to share? Can someone tell me when it was built SN: 1350651

DSCN0871.jpg

DSCN0872.jpg

DSCN0873.jpg

DSCN0874.jpg

DSCN0875.jpg

DSCN0876.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really nice, real clean and obviously a low hour of useage saw. I have two 670 Champ`s and they work great , they compare closely with my Husqvarna 266 XP. I find the vibration transfers to the front handle a little more than I like now days so a new set of AV rubbers would probably help out. I ported one of them but have to go back and open up the muffler a little more to get the max out of it, still impressive though for a 66.8 cc saw.
Pioneerguy600

Looks nice. Dont know why youd want to beat that one around?:dizzy: LOL

You gonna put slicks on both sides or dawgs?

Nice find William

You gonna put slicks on both sides or dawgs?

I want a set of dawgs for sure...just need to track down some that will fit. Not to sure about the slicks. Can anyone help on a IPL?

PM sent
503 59 0701 outside dawg
503 59 08-01 inside dawg

I like the slicks on my saws for the GTGs.

Last edited:
670's are great saws, the same power wise as a 266 or 268 Husky, just a little short of a 272 or 372.

Your Super II is probably one of the last revisions of the 670 and one of the most desirable, along with the Super, Champ, and West Coast models.

Now that's purdy! ..... I've been looking to find one to use, but not sure if I would use that more than "later" model nostalgia. Hate to waist the horsepower, but wouldn't want to bruise it, in that shape! :) Don't know what you paid, but nice buy & find, either way!

:clap:

Opened up the muffler on the 670 Super II today and gave it a proper cleaning/painting and a new bar/chain...

DSCN0880.jpg

DSCN0881.jpg

DSCN0882.jpg

DSCN0885.jpg

DSCN0886.jpg

DSCN0887.jpg

DSCN0888.jpg

Now that, ALE, is truly "proper"!

Take a close look again at your sig. There has been and continues to be alot of chatter about "two saw combos." Those two Jreds you got there are right up there with the best.

Congrats!

670's are great saws, the same power wise as a 266 or 268 Husky, just a little short of a 272 or 372.

Your Super II is probably one of the last revisions of the 670 and one of the most desirable, along with the Super, Champ, and West Coast models.

The Jonsered versions were a bit "hotter" than the Huskys, even though they were made at the Husky factory.

I "always" was a bit puzzled that they let that happen - but I guess E-lux ruled, and not Husky, back then........ :)

Obviously the Super II has the one piece ignition. My 670 West Coast has the two piece version.

The muffler needs some work though. Make it look like this and then you can cut some wood.

attachment.php

re;

Best $200Can I have spent on a saw. Now that winter is coming, do I take it down to the workshop and start modding?????

beutiful sae

Picked up this today. Seems to run strong and everything is working. I don't know much about this model but it seems to have a decent rep. Just wanted another work saw I don't mind beating around. Anyone still using this old J-red model and care to share? Can someone tell me when it was built SN: 1350651

DSCN0871.jpg

DSCN0872.jpg

DSCN0873.jpg

DSCN0874.jpg

DSCN0875.jpg

DSCN0876.jpg

thats a beutiful saw man, i getting the same exact saw for 300, with an outside k&n air filter, i cant wait

those 670s were great saws. i probably have more trigger time with the 670 series than all other saws combined!

back in those days the J-reds were preferred even over the mighty husky on our job. from 1983 to 1995 we were a one brand operation. strictly J-reds!

Latest posts

Back