• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Jonsered 670

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Nice Jonsered 670 that was a Cutter's Edge ventilation saw, 1991 model. I went completely through this saw last June and put it back to the "standard" version, and it's been sitting on the shelf since with no run time. Still has the CE decals. Original plastic, some scratches, but nothing missing or cracked.

New fuel system, pto seal and o-ring, Meteor piston, nice clean OEM cylinder, 150 psi compression, pressure and vac test, original chain brake in great shape. The ignition coil lead has been patched with heat shrink (see pic). Runs great, ready to go.

$285.00 shipped UPS ground lower 48, power head only. PayPal or USPS money order.

Please start a conversation if you want more info or photos.

100_6452.JPG 100_6451.JPG 100_6421.JPG 100_6406.JPG 100_6405.JPG 100_6422.JPG

Are the 670's comparable to a husky 268 or something? Was Husky/Jred partners at this time? Nice looking saw.

Very similar but still different in some ways. Without them in front of me I can't comment further. Some parts swap, some are same, some will not swap. How's that for an answer?

I'm tempted to buy this one and save it for my FIL who will eventually kill the other one that I gave him . . .must not buy.

I'm tempted to buy this one and save it for my FIL who will eventually kill the other one that I gave him . . .must not buy.

Buy....and keep!

I'm tempted, but I have a complete 670 (haven't ran it in years), and enough spare bodies & parts to assemble another one or two.

Are the 670's comparable to a husky 268 or something? Was Husky/Jred partners at this time? Nice looking saw.

Very similar but still different in some ways. Without them in front of me I can't comment further. Some parts swap, some are same, some will not swap. How's that for an answer?

Just what merr6267 posted--lots of compatibility, some incompatibility. The bits of info are here on AS scattered around in many threads; tracking down those bits is a PITA. I've done it before, and stupidly didn't copy & paste the info into a document. If I did, the document is on my virus-frozen computer.

Husky made those Jonsereds, but none of them were exactly the same internally (and of course not externally) as any Husky model. There were more differences than it is today.

You could say that the early 670 were based on the 266se/xp, and the Supers on the 268xp - but it wouldn't really be true. Regarding performance, it would be close though. The "hottest" one according to specs was the 670 Super II/Champ, at 3.6 kW/4.9 hp.

Then came the 272xp in 1991, and it still is made (at the Husky factory in Brazil). It replaced the 268xp (but not the 266xp), and at the same time the 268 got a lesser performing open port cylinder (from the 66), and lost the xp designation. Some xp saws still were made for a while though, designated "Special".

Confused? This is the "short" version.

Latest posts

Back