Jonsered 70E Flywheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold W

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

After sitting for a few months, I started up my 70E and the plastic flywheel got pounded!! I can only assume the plastic was old, had cracked over time and came unglued when it started up. If this is a problem all the used flywheels will have the same trouble and NOS flywheels could be hard to find. My question--will the late all medal flywheel work on the older 70E? Is there another model Jonsered flywheel that will interchange with the 70E? Where would you find these parts?

I would like to keep the old girl running if possible.

Thanks!

That will not work because of the position of the coil. The plastic fan has the coil placed in the starter housing. The metal fan has the coil attached to the cylinder. It's not very easy to bolt things over. Check ebay, chainsawr, sawagain etc. Good luck!

I too have a plastic flywheel 70E. I bought my saw a year ago. It is a very low hour clean saw. I read all about the grenading fans on these models. It is a very nice saw but I am worried my fan will go the way of the rest of them. I looked around for a replacement and couldn't find one. If you find a source that has more than one please let me know. I want to have one on the shelf for the inevitable destruction.

Back