Jonsered 81

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JANDG

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any users of this old saw. I purchased one local & pick it up next week. It is in exceptional shape & seems to be a fairly large cc unit. I can not find any info on a 81 though, planty on the other versions, but not this 81. Any comments good or bad would be helpfull.
Joe

Any users of this old saw. I purchased one local & pick it up next week. It is in exceptional shape & seems to be a fairly large cc unit. I can not find any info on a 81 though, planty on the other versions, but not this 81. Any comments good or bad would be helpfull.
Joe

There is no such model. Just the 80 and 801.

Welcome to AS!

I handled saw this mourning & put earnest money onit for pickup next week. It said what I thought was Jonsered 81 on the sprocket/bar side of saw. The 1 was directly next to 8. I suppose the decal could have folded over or lost it's 0, but it sure did not look like it. I seen a site that has a 81 listed under Jonsereds, but no specs at all, only the 80 & 801, but has a 81 on the list. I seen it on a collector site. Wish I could remember which site. Now you got me thinking.....
Thanks Joe

I found a little bit of info, it takes the same p&c as the 80 and 801 so the specs and parts should be the same for the major components.

We need pics!!

Cool,...I will post some good pics next friday when I get it home, I pick it up that mourning & have good digital camera.Then will know if it is a true model 81, if so at least everyone can see it. So expect the pics friday..Thanks for the help. Joe

Cool,...I will post some good pics next friday when I get it home, I pick it up that mourning & have good digital camera.Then will know if it is a true model 81, if so at least everyone can see it. So expect the pics friday..Thanks for the help. Joe

Sweet!

What color is the top? Silver or black?

Black top & previouse owner has a 30+" bar on it. not much scuffing on bottom & all else is decent also. I like the older saws & am excited to get it.
Joe

Did it look like this?

100_2632.jpg

Yes, every thing from memory looked just like that. on/off..choke all in same spot. Will be intresting to find what the differance is if anything..? So the supposed 81 is probably a 80cc saw, compression sure feels like it.. Also had the hand guard as yours.
Joe

Yes, every thing from memory looked just like that. on/off..choke all in same spot. Will be intresting to find what the differance is if anything..? So the supposed 81 is probably a 80cc saw, compression sure feels like it.. Also had the hand guard as yours.
Joe

That would be neat to have an 81. Sure, it would be similar to the more common models, but I bet less of the 81 were sold. Good job on the find!

Joe

What you have is an 801. I asked on the collector's site and got the same answer that I initially gave. There is no such model as the 81. If you want, send me a PM and I will give you the link to the discussion. Can't post it in the forum.

I still want to see pictures though, who knows there might really be an 81 out there. :)

Last edited:
What you have is an 801. I asked on the collector's site and got the same answer that I initially gave. There is no such model as the 801. If you want, send me a PM and I will give you the link to the discussion. Can't post it in the forum.

I still want to see pictures though, who knows there might really be an 81 out there. :)

Lee

Step away from computer, go to the kitchen, and get yourself a strong cup of coffee.

.... then when you come back PM me the link as well.

:cheers:

I'm in

If you wouldn't mind I'd like a PM also on this. I only have three Jred's, 2 920's, and a 621, but am interested in the brand. Just curious, why can't you put a link here? Some sort of rule I suspect. JR

I will for sure have the pics up by this coming Friday evening. I pick saw up in the earlly mourning.
Joe

Thanks Chris

Much appreciated. I had run across that 81 listed (sort of ) on the Acers site some time ago and wondered about it. It will be interesting to get the pictures next week. Now all us Jred fans have something to look forward to. JR

Latest posts

Back