• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Want to Sell Jonsered 90

GPRJon

GPRJon

ArboristSite Lurker
Hello, I’ve been following the site for a while but just became a member recently. I have a few vintage saws that I will be selling starting with this Jonsered 90. The saw starts and runs and is mostly complete. I know I’m missing the spark plug boot and perhaps something else minor like that. Included is a 20” b/c with what I believe to be the original bar by Windsor (sprocket nose). The saw runs great and OMG, she’s a beast! I have a few pics I will post now. I haven’t tried to clean up the the saw. She is very dirty and will clean up significantly. If you need more pics just let me know. Questions welcome!

price $600

Attachments

GPRJon

GPRJon

ArboristSite Lurker
Can you put a Jonsereds 90 side cover on a 621 and what can I provide, like a serial number or photo of motor, that will clear the identity discrepancy?

wcorey

wcorey

ArboristSite Guru
Definitely a mutt between 80 and 90.
90 recoil, 80 top cover. Would have a decomp if it's a 54mm cylinder, see if it has the decomp port or not.
Cylinder base number for 80/81/801 is 52zn9, 90 is 54zn71...

GPRJon

GPRJon

ArboristSite Lurker
Here is a pic with the top cover off. BTW, here are my other saws that are for sale. I’d like to sell the whole lot at once. Taking offers. Please PM me. Thanks! 6239C13F-EE43-4A32-8C97-440C5ADC7D1D.jpeg

Attachments

wcorey

wcorey

ArboristSite Guru
The problem with positive ID is that much of the 80/90 stuff is interchangeable.
You can effectively turn one into the other and vise versa.
This one has components from both but looks to be more 80 than 90.
Cylinder (and entire top end) looks to be 80/81/801.

Your asking price is on the high side and would be more in line for one with very good cosmetics, mechanical soundness and being mostly consistent with one particular model.
Good advertising practice here (when trying for top dollar anyway) would be to also include pics of the bottom as well as a clear shot of the piston through the exhaust port with the muffler removed.
A compression reading helps too.
A short vid of it running/cutting is always a plus.
And a good track record of prior sales and forum participation unfortunately...

GPRJon

GPRJon

ArboristSite Lurker
Thank you all for the help with identification. I think what we do have here is a combination of an 80 and 90 Jonsereds. I have learned so much in just a couple days from the members and the site in general. Everyone has been willing, helpful, and polite which is great. I will leave this thread open so that others may learn from it as I did. I do have a few more questions about the Jonsereds saw before I repost it. I read something about “west coast” exhaust. Does my saw have this and does that change it’s value? What else should I look for that may affect value? I have a lot of 4 saws that I’m going to list. As ”wcorey”stated, I will be taking video and better pics. Thanks again!

Martin13131

Martin13131

Saw addicted!
Thank you all for the help with identification. I think what we do have here is a combination of an 80 and 90 Jonsereds. I have learned so much in just a couple days from the members and the site in general. Everyone has been willing, helpful, and polite which is great. I will leave this thread open so that others may learn from it as I did. I do have a few more questions about the Jonsereds saw before I repost it. I read something about “west coast” exhaust. Does my saw have this and does that change it’s value? What else should I look for that may affect value? I have a lot of 4 saws that I’m going to list. As ”wcorey”stated, I will be taking video and better pics. Thanks again!
Measure the piston on it to make it definite conclusion but you dont have a jonsereds 90 since it doesn’t have a decompression on the cylinder.

wcorey

wcorey

ArboristSite Guru
The small square exit exhaust is the more typical one, the other type that I know of has a step in the top/front with louvers going across.