Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't paid much attention to the 111S, but the pics show that the full-wrap in the saw sold does not terminate with the unobtainium AV mount on the clutch side....like the 80/90 and 910. I don't know if it's supposed to or not? If so the full-wrap would need to reach lower on the case than where it is in the pic.

Lookin' at the bottom of the saw, I can't see where it's setup to take that unobtainium AV mount-especially with the shape of the clutch cover. So J'reds made the decision to make the 80/90 and 910 take that unobtainium AV mount....maybe because of stress factors on the 111S full-wrap? More mysteries.

That double louvered muffler is trick!

Kevin

I haven't paid much attention to the 111S, but the pics show that the full-wrap in the saw sold does not terminate with the unobtainium AV mount on the clutch side....like the 80/90 and 910. I don't know if it's supposed to or not? If so the full-wrap would need to reach lower on the case than where it is in the pic.

Lookin' at the bottom of the saw, I can't see where it's setup to take that unobtainium AV mount-especially with the shape of the clutch cover. So J'reds made the decision to make the 80/90 and 910 take that unobtainium AV mount....maybe because of stress factors on the 111S full-wrap? More mysteries.

That double louvered muffler is trick!

You're right....guess I didn't look close enough....thought the clutch cover was cut around the down tube.....not so......tube just turns inward and stops.

Kevin

Hi Guys - I've got a 49SP that I inherited from my brother in law years ago, but it quit running one day. I wound up having an electronic ignition module put in it and it came back to life, tho seems like it kinda lags when you hit the trigger now. Maybe it's just me, I dunno. But NOW, I just found a 451E that a guy has for sale for $100, says it runs strong and starts on 2 or 3 pulls. The picture he put up looks like it's a good saw, though somebody stuck a 20" bar on it for some reason LOL I suspect that's a pretty good deal for an old 451E that runs like he says it does, but not sure as I haven't bought any old Johnny's before. Is that a good deal?

Hi Guys - I've got a 49SP that I inherited from my brother in law years ago, but it quit running one day. I wound up having an electronic ignition module put in it and it came back to life, tho seems like it kinda lags when you hit the trigger now. Maybe it's just me, I dunno. But NOW, I just found a 451E that a guy has for sale for $100, says it runs strong and starts on 2 or 3 pulls. The picture he put up looks like it's a good saw, though somebody stuck a 20" bar on it for some reason LOL I suspect that's a pretty good deal for an old 451E that runs like he says it does, but not sure as I haven't bought any old Johnny's before. Is that a good deal?

451e is a great little saw! A shorter bar would be better. I don't think a $100 on a good running 451e is a bad price. I would put a set of points in the 49sp also.

If it's a Tilly and you have no air leaks, try 1 1/2 out on LOW and 1 turn out on HIGH. You can lean from there but not more than 3/4 out on HIGH and 1 1/4 on LOW.....unless you have serious experience with saw tuning.

Kevin

Scott, so given now that you have a stable of 111S saws...what do you see as the obvious differences betweeen them and the 110?

Kevin

Kevin -

I only have two here now. The others are on the way from the States and the UK. Having said that, I haven't seen any obvious differences. Frankly, if I was a betting man, I would say that my "110" is actually a 111.

Once I get the others in, I hope to have a chance to do a detailed inspection before it's time to get the garage packed up in preparation for my move back to the states.

Thanks

Scott

Back