Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found mine on eBay-kleinanziegen.de - that's the German equivalent of Craigslist. Listing just said Jonsereds; I'm sure most folks just figured it was a 621. See lots of those in Europe.

You gotta think it's not the original owner if there is that confusion. Old J'reds tend to bond with ya and you get to know them.

Kevin

They must have used a 70e or 70 rear handle as a repair at some point then.

I ran a plastic bottom handle off a 49sp(?) for yrs on my 80 until I found all the right bits.....the original wallowed out its screw holes.

That's one of the first saw related things I ever bought on eBay...like 13yrs ago and counting.

Kevin

Well fortunately the gentleman has agreed to cancel and refund my money, I told him I bought it reflexively and it actually wasn't what I wanted, so I think I will give him a good review!

Good, honest seller then. I like stories like that!

Dean bought a tattered 111S reflexively late one night, high on cough medicine. I don't remember if he said something to the seller or not.

Kevin
One reason I cut back on drinking, so I wouldn't buy so many saws on eBay lol

Good, honest seller then. I like stories like that!

Dean bought a tattered 111S reflexively late one night, high on cough medicine. I don't remember if he said something to the seller or not.

Kevin

PB did that once to......some of you may remember PB.....he was/is way into the older Jonsereds and spent a lot of time on this site. Anyway, one night he was having a nip or two and browsing ebay when a 111S came on......it was in fair condition but the fuel tank was broken.....he made an off the cuff offer of $225.00 I think it was and had no real intention of buying it assuming his offer was to low. The guy accepted and then asked if he wanted the NOS fuel tank he had for it at no extra charge???? He actually got a box of parts with it......then a dear friend sent me NOS 111S piston set before I even had a 111S so after a little hesitation I just passed it on to PB....which ended up fine for me as a bit later the same dear friend sent me a NOS P&C kit for a 111S as a wedding present....Anyway PB made out like a bandit on that impulse purchase!!! PB used to live not to far from here and we used to do saw stuff from time to time but lives out in Ohio now. Gonna see him next Wed as we have to drive out to Illinois to my daughter's college graduation and he and his wife graciously offered up their guest room for the night......I expect we'll kick back a few beverages and talk Jonsereds into the wee hours!! Also gonna stop in and see Bob (Spike60) in NY on the way...catch up with another old friend as we'll be spending the first night in Woodstock which is right next door to Bob's......likely be beverages and Jonsereds talk there too!!!

PB did that once to......some of you may remember PB.....he was/is way into the older Jonsereds and spent a lot of time on this site. Anyway, one night he was having a nip or two and browsing ebay when a 111S came on......it was in fair condition but the fuel tank was broken.....he made an off the cuff offer of $225.00 I think it was and had no real intention of buying it assuming his offer was to low. The guy accepted and then asked if he wanted the NOS fuel tank he had for it at no extra charge???? He actually got a box of parts with it......then a dear friend sent me NOS 111S piston set before I even had a 111S so after a little hesitation I just passed it on to PB....which ended up fine for me as a bit later the same dear friend sent me a NOS P&C kit for a 111S as a wedding present....Anyway PB made out like a bandit on that impulse purchase!!! PB used to live not to far from here and we used to do saw stuff from time to time but lives out in Ohio now. Gonna see him next Wed as we have to drive out to Illinois to my daughter's college graduation and he and his wife graciously offered up their guest room for the night......I expect we'll kick back a few beverages and talk Jonsereds into the wee hours!! Also gonna stop in and see Bob (Spike60) in NY on the way...catch up with another old friend as we'll be spending the first night in Woodstock which is right next door to Bob's......likely be beverages and Jonsereds talk there too!!!

Robin,
Say "hey" to Lee and Bob for me.

Robin -

If PB needs to sell or trade a 111 or two or some parts, I'm his Huckleberry... Still trying to improve on my pathetic little collection of these saws...

Scott

I can mention it Scott but PB has a very hard time parting with saws...when he left Maine he thought he might thin the herd to help with the move......and though he has some nice saws most would be duplicates for me.....except one....he has an old 751 that he had not even started and was in need of a thorough going over.....I suggested I would be interested.....it lives in Ohio now......LOL!!!

I can mention it Scott but PB has a very hard time parting with saws...when he left Maine he thought he might thin the herd to help with the move......and though he has some nice saws most would be duplicates for me.....except one....he has an old 751 that he had not even started and was in need of a thorough going over.....I suggested I would be interested.....it lives in Ohio now......LOL!!!

Understood. If he needs a spare kidney, can you tell him that I would trade one of mine for a 111S air filter cover?

I think I gave him that saw.

Wow...lots of $$$$. Can't get excited about repainted saws. The 111S isn't even 100% with the broken manual oiler button.

Crazytown...but I bet there's a shelf collector out there willing to pay.

I nearly went blind reading the all caps item descriptions of the other seller. He did sell the 49sp for $450.

Kevin

Back