Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well boys,

It turns out that if you win an eBay auction for a well used and poorly descrdbed 920, you get exactly what you bought!

I only plan to use this saw for milling, so I guess all it really needs to do is run and oil.

I am very disappointed that the saw didn't come with the bar it was supposed to come with. Radio silence from the seller so far...

View attachment 662883

Found these in my NOS pioneer/partner stock. Fits P55-P85 and others 505220914.

Just for fun I googled this part number and it came up IN STOCK at Sears partsdirect, $2.61 ea. !!!

On the OEM ones the part where the bar is continues the same diameter up from the collar 11/16" so it properly indexes the hole in the clucth cover properly......those ones look like they would work but would only index the bar and the clutch cover for the Jonserds saw would be a real loose fit.......but for a couple bux each you could make cover bushings I guess.

Does anyone know if a points replacement chip like the Nova can be used as a trigger on a 70E? Original 504 62 00 17 is very difficult to find and costs $90 if you can find one.

Thanks!

Mark

I have been told that those will work on the late model 70E but have not actually tried it or even seen one set up that way, Mark

Ahhh....OK thanks Eric....knew it was something like that.......guess that was why I couldn't find him in the members section. Like Mark said....haven't seem him around in quite a long time.

Have you heard about using an Atom module or similar to trigger the late model 70E coil?

No, I've never messed with the Atom, or I should say I've been lucky enough with my old ignition systems to not have to mess with them.
It would be an interesting experiment though.

No, I've never messed with the Atom, or I should say I've been lucky enough with my old ignition systems to not have to mess with them.
It would be an interesting experiment though.

Yes it would....unfortunately I don't have a running later model 70E to try it out on or I would do just that.......I have several Atom chips that came on broken saws kicking around.

Does anyone know if a points replacement chip like the Nova can be used as a trigger on a 70E? Original 504 62 00 17 is very difficult to find and costs $90 if you can find one.

Thanks!

Mark

There is an early and late style ignition for the 70E.
The part number you gave is for the early style (before serial number 1585000) coil located under the flywheel. Module for this mounts in recoil housing.
The later uses a conventional coil with a nova type module mounted on case by carb.

jonsered 70E early.PNG jonsered 70E late.PNG

Latest posts

Back