Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This "Creampuff" sure has some hrs on it!!! Fella still holds it quite dear for as "Experienced " as it looks!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsereds-...h=item3fb83eccc9:g:tPYAAOSw5AhcQ9I5:rk:6:pf:0

And you'll be paying for the extra dirt it's spitting out in the video when he revs it...lol! Guaranteed to come as dirty as a pig farmer's boot. Who knows what it's missing and what's been 'fabricated'.

What was that phrase you used yrs ago, Robin....a "well purposed" saw?

Kevin

F0A2CC36-426F-4ADA-B1C5-55FFF40D5FA4.jpeg
I have been starting to explore painting and dyeing of saw parts.
What do you think of this paint job? I expect you will all reckon I’ve vandalised it :drinkingcoffee:

Also do any of you guys know where I can obtain Jonsered decals?

Gordon.

Jonsered - Jonsereds. Why are some plural?

You could go by the old adverts....Like Eric said, right around when the 920's came out it was just Jonsered. I don't remember if they explained anything in their adverts or it just WAS Jonserd all of a sudden.

Since my saw collection stops at the 910E, all my saws are Jonsereds technically and I refer to them that way.

Kevin

View attachment 700090
I have been starting to explore painting and dyeing of saw parts.
What do you think of this paint job? I expect you will all reckon I’ve vandalised it :drinkingcoffee:

Also do any of you guys know where I can obtain Jonsered decals?

Gordon.

Only thing that concerns me is durability. If you're a collector and just shelving your saws, decent paint jobs are easy to mock up. If on the other hand your paint job/dying holds up to gas/oil and the elements, I'd be much more impressed.

There are a number of people mocking up decals for J'red(s) saws. Mostly, I see them on eBay, but maybe somebody has some direct links.

Kevin

Only thing that concerns me is durability. If you're a collector and just shelving your saws, decent paint jobs are easy to mock up. If on the other hand your paint job/dying holds up to gas/oil and the elements, I'd be much more impressed.

There are a number of people mocking up decals for J'red(s) saws. Mostly, I see them on eBay, but maybe somebody has some direct links.

Kevin

Put it through a couple of trees today, bits of the paint scratched off, however it held up to fuel and oil fine. I’m not too concerned as I am going to try and dye it, I think the paint will come off easily enough. I’ve seen a lot of successes dyeing parts on here.

I think though if it was 2 pac paint it would have done a better job than just layers of spray.

Gordon

Put it through a couple of trees today, bits of the paint scratched off, however it held up to fuel and oil fine. I’m not too concerned as I am going to try and dye it, I think the paint will come off easily enough. I’ve seen a lot of successes dyeing parts on here.

I think though if it was 2 pac paint it would have done a better job than just layers of spray.

Gordon

I don't think it's practical for most to clear coat over paint for an often used saw....I'm certainly not interested. I don't know anything about dyeing....are you just talking about plastic pieces?

Kevin

I don't think it's practical for most to clear coat over paint for an often used saw....I'm certainly not interested. I don't know anything about dyeing....are you just talking about plastic pieces?

Kevin

Yeah just trying to spruce up my personal saws. Even though they see a moderate amount of use, i still like them to look decent.
The dye really goes into the plastic. I’ll upload some pics when I get round to doing it.

Also: Managed to pick up a 2156 (of unsure condition) for £40 very excited to take delivery. Are they as good as people say?

Yeah just trying to spruce up my personal saws. Even though they see a moderate amount of use, i still like them to look decent.
The dye really goes into the plastic. I’ll upload some pics when I get round to doing it.

Yeah, be interested in the 'how' of it with plastics. I have some Husky plastic covers that are just faded, otherwise, they're fine.

Kevin

What searches did you have on eBay? I did not come across this. And yes you do have reason to be smug!

You just have to keep looking in “parts or not working” and the “used” sections, sometimes they don’t take them correctly. I’m sure I found this by just searching for “jonsered”
To be honest I’m glad you didn’t find it, would not like to have got into a bidding war ;)

I have searches for used, spares of repairs, seller refurb etc all ticked, with Stihl, Husqvarna, Jonsered, Makita, Echo, Dolmar in Chainsaws and also in agricultural equipment and Business sections. Damn you!! Haha. I found a Jonsered 2065 in agricultural farm equipment in fab nick for £135..

You just have to keep looking in “parts or not working” and the “used” sections, sometimes they don’t take them correctly. I’m sure I found this by just searching for “jonsered”
To be honest I’m glad you didn’t find it, would not like to have got into a bidding war ;)

You never really know until you dig into it, but I think you did alright. My 2156 and 357xp have become "go to" saws.

Back