Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes this angle does make that bar look huuuge
ef5f5a7d171b65782a2bc470deab9956.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Is there a # for that wrap bar ?
Always the hanging leg ?? Or will another work ??
The 90 looks like it full wraps like a traditional one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a # for that wrap bar ?
Always the hanging leg ?? Or will another work ??
The 90 looks like it full wraps like a traditional one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What we've pretty much surmised with Husky and Jonsereds is that the full-wraps were contracted out once the saws hit the US. With Jonserds, it was probably Tilton who had a contractor(s) fabe up the wraps. On the 80/801/90 there was an AV that completed the clutch full-wrap side to the saw. It is virtually unobtainium and has been since the late 80's. So 99% of the saws you see now have that last part of the leg cut off and a bell or some nonsense screwed/driven/glued into the end. None of that was ever factory.

There were also two styles of full-wraps on the saw; one steel with a smaller diameter and one aluminum with a larger diameter. In actual use the aluminum is far superior hr after hr. The 90 had the same full-wrap system and the 910 had the same unobtainium AV mount, although a uniquely different full-wrap design.

That tube protrusion you asked about is a chain catch. Also under the bolts is a screen for the auto oiler. If that tube is chewed up, it means the chains has come off at least once. It's a sacrificial part that's meant to keep the chain from flopping up and ruining the inside of the clutch cover.

I've posted some pics in the past of the factory large diameter full-wrap and the unobtainium AV mount in here, on my old 80. I can't find the pics in my own files and the full-wrap on there now is the smaller diameter steel without the mount. A helper broke my larger diameter full-wrap and I need it re-welded.

Kevin

Anybody ever replaced the high tension lead on a 670? Looking for a source for the wire itself. Gotta be the skinny stuff.

Got this one last year on eBay. Finally getting around to getting it going. Guy claimed it was a former cutters edge saw. Don't know about that. Could just be a West coast saw. The Piston and cylinder are perfect. Needed carb kit, fuel line, filter, air filter, muffler bracket, and bar adjuster, and a couple av mounts. Runs like a champ now.

A source for the high tension lead would be great!
IMG_20190216_105722515.jpg
IMG_20190216_105731489.jpg
IMG_20190216_105822953.jpg

Anybody ever replaced the high tension lead on a 670? Looking for a source for the wire itself. Gotta be the skinny stuff.

Got this one last year on eBay. Finally getting around to getting it going. Guy claimed it was a former cutters edge saw. Don't know about that. Could just be a West coast saw. The Piston and cylinder are perfect. Needed carb kit, fuel line, filter, air filter, muffler bracket, and bar adjuster, and a couple av mounts. Runs like a champ now.

A source for the high tension lead would be great!

Do you have diameter?

I bought one of these.

https://www.huztl.net/h-product-detail.html?goods_id=228156

Copper core. Line OD is 5mm. Length from end to base of the boot is 7"

I have heard that you can buy 5mm wire from the Stihl dealer as some of their saws use 5mm wire.

There's also this one which s quite long. You would likely have to swap the boot out.

https://www.huztl.net/Aftermarket-S...Lead-0000-989-1010-0000-405-0600-p372219.html

Thanks for taking the time! You da man!

I did swing by my local Stihl dealer. He did not have any in stock but said he could get some.

I searched 5mm spark plug wire on EBay and all kinds of options popped up. I guess it’s not as odd as I thought.

OK, about a month ago I bought an item from NJ on eBay. On the Pay Page was listed some sales tax. I got kinda testy with the seller because he had grossly underestimated the shipping charge and I thought he was trying to make up for it by charging sales tax.....keeping the sales tax. Nope, he claimed he had nothing to do with that. But when PayPal processed it, the sales tax was absent.

Tonight I pulled the trigger on something from Cali....again I see sales tax on the Pay Page. Again, the seller says he had nothing to do with it and PayPal does not process the sales tax.

Is this going on with y'all as well? Is this some harbinger of something to come with eBay? If it is, I'm done with eBay forever because other than selection, they've lost their advantage.

Kevin

MN added sales tax on internet purchases. I'd forgotten about it until it popped up on an honest website. Thing is with the tax I coulda ordered from an instate seller and gotten the stuff quicker. Gotta pay more attention ordering now.

Latest posts

Back