Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah and LOGICALLY the 90 should have been called the 901!! It came into production after the 801 after all, shared many parts including the top cover.....lol. And it would have continued in sequence with the 910/920/930. I think the Jonsereds marketing people were harking back to the success and glory days of the 80.....I dunno.

Kevin

....and why was there no 810? 80/801/---/820/830

I know nothing about these risers and thats why I asked but the 2077 I have used to belong to my boss in the mid 90's and it had one then. This 2077 was purchased here in our little town and I saw one on a 2083, maybe 2188 at my husky dealer. I'm just curious cuz they look cool and they're not seen often.

Here is what I have saved on this with pics.

jred http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/jonsered/west-coast-jonsered-2077/

poulan http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/west-coast-pp475-version/msg83642/#msg83642

I've been making an egregious error all these yrs....It was Scotsco in Portland, OR that was the distributor of the 70's/80's Jonsereds, not Titlton. I never bought anything there , but heard about them when I was loggin'. My memory confused Tilton with Scotsco.....don't think there was any relation with the Tilton family empire.

Tilton stretched from the east coast to the Rockies and Scotsco had Jonsereds on the west coast. I even saw the Scotsco Equip building in Portland back in the day....never went in.

Kevin

Indeed it's rare, but not the only white whale in existence. The 110's are supposed to have needle bearings for the crank and the case halves slightly different than the later 111 & 111S.

Not so sure I'd be funneling large amounts of $$$ into a saw with crank needle bearings. If it's a shelf queen, doesn't matter I guess. Maybe there's even a roller bearing that would sub in....again, lack of any tech information before purchase should always be considered a factor....lol.

This particular saw in question has not been tested commercially....had a rather easy life compared to its brethren.

Be interesting to see if it comes to the States. A 111S would for sure.....

Kevin

Probably can't verify, but it does "fit" and makes sense with the limited info on these saws.

I would agree that the production time of the 110 had to be short.....maybe a yr at the most.

Hard to imagine they tooled up to make the 110 and then abandoned it in six months....unless there were issues.

If my sources are correct, the 111 and 111S had a slightly different case design than the 110. And then there’s the bearing issue; did they redesign the crank for a ball bearing design too?

Kevin

Huh.....Can't say that I've ever seen that either, online or in person. Can't even think what it would be for on those saws.

I know.......the only thing that comes to mind, it being from Washington State, is it might be some kind of lower mounting for a full wrap......but I have never seen one of those for this series either.......Eric may have some info on this....

Back