Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess this is why they call it a "disorder"....do I NEED another one of these?....No...But this one NEEDS a little Cantdog love.....it looks near mint except for the top handle and the description is encouraging....pulled the trigger at 5 AM.....I know the ailment without even looking.....quick fix with likely no investment and have several NOS top handles to make this a beautiful, late model, in perfect running condition shelfqueen.....LOL!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133087173437

What are you aiming for? 49 49's?

Guess this is why they call it a "disorder"....do I NEED another one of these?....No...But this one NEEDS a little Cantdog love.....it looks near mint except for the top handle and the description is encouraging....pulled the trigger at 5 AM.....I know the ailment without even looking.....quick fix with likely no investment and have several NOS top handles to make this a beautiful, late model, in perfect running condition shelfqueen.....LOL!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133087173437

Well, whatever the running problem is...you got parts....lol!!!! The PO probably thought too much on this one.....I bet it's a small fix.

Great price....how much did you get dinged on the shipping?

Kevin

Pro grade pulpwood saw

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that Kensie, when you say pulpwood, do you mean wood like pine? She'd smash through that stuff easily, goes great in the hardwoods here in Oz (that's all we burn here so haven't cut any pine with it).

What can you guys tell me about the 621's - were they a homeowner grade or pro grade etc.
Definitely Pro grade.......as said pulpwood, firewood and saw logs. Even old they pull a 20" full chisel with as much authority as any 56cc saw ever made....and better than many modern ones of 56cc.....

What can you guys tell me about the 621's - were they a homeowner grade or pro grade etc.

Only downside is their power to weight ratio against modern saws. Other than that, they last forever and pull like mules.

Very expensive in their day and so a lot of cutters chose lesser saws....but the 621 still sold very well and now has usually 4 pages devoted to it on eBay...mostly parts.

Kevin

They did make the other saws with heat. zero_sum has an 820V. They seem to be less common than the 910EV though. I'm not sure if they share parts, but they do have that plastic switch (fragile, NLA, scarce, aka Robin probably has a dozen). I was lucky on mine. It was complete, ran, in good shape, and cheap, although I did have to drive 250 miles round trip to get it.

Yup, I have one & didn't realize how rare that switch is till I needed one.

Hey folks, question for ya . . . . . .

Is the bottom end of the 110, 111 and 111s the same? i.e. Do the cases, cranks and pistons interchange?

Thanks

I'd even be willing to build one.......got lots parts......a couple NOS P&C kits, NOS cases etc. But no flywheel and stator......just keep on looking I guess.
I just shipped a new member a 111s full wrap complete in nice shape for 300,00 Canadian
I encouraged him to post it on you suck when it arrives in Saskatchwan
in a week

Hey folks, question for ya . . . . . .

Is the bottom end of the 110, 111 and 111s the same? i.e. Do the cases, cranks and pistons interchange?

Thanks

Supposedly, the 110 uses needle bearings on the crank rather than ball bearings. As far as the size of the crank...dunno.....asked this before myself. You might contact Scott and see if he ever figured it out because he had the 110 and 111 iterations.

I 'heard' the pistons all interchange.

Kevin

Yes,Its a runner too!was 30 years in an old swedes shed
His prized landing saw and he was moving
he brought it out of the shed after his garage sale
I knew him a little and his wife said give him a flat of
beer.I took it home on his insistence and returned with
his favorite squeezens the next day.A new member was asking
for one 2 provinces away so I waited until he was flush and
shipped it to him ,too big for me!

Back