Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Well purposed'.....won't start.....been sitting I bet for yrs.

$375....crazy is as crazy does. How about you take $75-$100 and only because its eBay and I don't care anymore....lol!

Kevin
Yeah...….and for $100.00 you pay the shipping too!!! Geeze.....what's he thinking???

All I can think of when I see these absurd prices on old beat 621s is that poor guy, maybe 5-6 years back had the nicest 621 you ever saw on ebay. He had built it completely from NOS parts.....not even used screws.....it had been started a half dozen times and tuned and made a couple cuts with it to be sure it was tip top. It was beautiful....even the paint on the top cover was mint. New 20" Total (Tsmura) bar and Oregon chain. Damn thing struggled to get to $250.00 and he paid the shipping and it was brand new!!!!!! What a bummer.....

All I can think of when I see these absurd prices on old beat 621s is that poor guy, maybe 5-6 years back had the nicest 621 you ever saw on ebay. He had built it completely from NOS parts.....not even used screws.....it had been started a half dozen times and tuned and made a couple cuts with it to be sure it was tip top. It was beautiful....even the paint on the top cover was mint. New 20" Total (Tsmura) bar and Oregon chain. Damn thing struggled to get to $250.00 and he paid the shipping and it was brand new!!!!!! What a bummer.....

Yeah, hear that!

Been some REALLY nice J'reds gone through with NOS parts and low hrs, only to fetch dirt. It would almost seem like rubes want to be cheated or are drawn to beaters at higher prices.

Scott put together a really nice 621 and what it brought didn't even cover his time. That's a tough pill to swallow....especially if it's flipped later.

Kevin

I have a question about a Jonsereds 90 that I hope can be answered!
The saw looks and runs great but I had to clear yrs of chip and dust from the recoil/cylinder fins.
I put the carb through the ultrasonic cleaner and rebuilt it with an OEM RK23HS kit but I can't get the saw to tune below 12k rpm and according to the Acres site its max should be 10,700.
Does the carb have an internal governor?
I'm wondering if the cylinder was overheated and letting in air because it runs fine then will take off to 12k.
The crank seals were fine when I put it on its sides.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have a question about a Jonsereds 90 that I hope can be answered!
The saw looks and runs great but I had to clear yrs of chip and dust from the recoil/cylinder fins.
I put the carb through the ultrasonic cleaner and rebuilt it with an OEM RK23HS kit but I can't get the saw to tune below 12k rpm and according to the Acres site its max should be 10,700.
Does the carb have an internal governor?
I'm wondering if the cylinder was overheated and letting in air because it runs fine then will take off to 12k.
The crank seals were fine when I put it on its sides.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Since you rebuilt the carb the first question I'd ask is "Did you use the diamond shaped carb to manifold/isolation block gasket that came in the kit?"

Latest posts

Back